• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Premier recaro broken latch

Hi all I've got a 05 premier type r, and the outside lever on the drivers seat moves but the seat doesn't tilt forward, but when I pull the inside lever the seat tilts forward, can anybody explain to me how I can reattach the lever on the outside? It's a pain in the arse leaning over to the inside lever just to get the seat to tilt forward. Thanks Craig

I have a similar problem. The drivers side lever is broken so I cant use it, as you mentioned I have to do the same and use the other side to move the seat forward. I have seen replacements ones on eBay but it does seem like a pain to insert these without opening up the seat but I havent given it a proper try yet so I cant say.

If you need a replacement the link is this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RECARO-Ti...498538?hash=item3cf1e7326a:g:96gAAOSwZd1VW0pb

Let me know how you get on, I will eventually give this a crack with a bit more time.

Thing is the lever is still in place, I pull it up but the seat doesn't move it's like it's come undone inside somehow

Last edited by a moderator:
When I lift the latch the seat comes forward about an inch it's like something is jammed in the mechanism, but the latch works on the inside of the seat?

Just sat in the back of the car and when I pull the drivers side lever up, the inside lever comes up as well and vice versa. Yet the seat only comes forward when I use the inside lever? This is driving me nuts now

That is weird, can't think of anything to suggest other than taking it apart to check but somethings got to be fouling the mechanism on that side.

I had this on my seats - the actual metal lever that the latch clips onto had kind of come unhooked from the frame within the seat - so it still looked like it moved up and down but it wasn't actually "clipped" to anything.

I think I folded the seat forward, then used some pliers (with the plastic lever removed) to pull the metal latch up and then left so that it reseated on the frame. Kind of hard to describe, and I don't remember exactly how it looked, but you should be able to figure it out if you can see in there. I imagine removal of the plastic lever would help you get a better view.

I seem to remember that I figured out what was wrong by moving the lever on the opposite side and seeing what moved. Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Just been up the garage and had the seat out, with it fully reclined or tilted forward I cannot see(using a torch) what's wrong in there, nothing's snapped or loose, and both sides look the same. It's totally got the better of me, only thing I can think of is to take the seat apart but can't find a guide. Anyone have or know for a guide on how to disassemble a recaro?

Looking at the guide(step 6) it looks like a different recaro, on the one in my premier there's no recliner cover as the side and back is all one piece

That's the thing the lever is on and fine, it's like something is jammed inside mechanism as when you pull the lever the seat comes forward about an inch then stops

Back