• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 price? true?

Don't know if this has been posted already (I didn't see it anywhere...)

Spoke to my dealer earlier today. Honda apparently released the pricing of the 07CTR just after 6pm today...

CTR - £17,600 OTR
CTR GT - £18,600 OTR
only options listed on the system at the moment are:
19" Alloys - £950
SatNav/HFT £1400
Met Paint £375

GT has auto wipers, auto lights, electric folding mirrors, split climate control and a few other things he rattled off so fast I missed them!

Brochures avail towards end of December with the price list about week later (too hard to publish together?)

insanojackson said:
Don't know if this has been posted already (I didn't see it anywhere...)

Spoke to my dealer earlier today. Honda apparently released the pricing of the 07CTR just after 6pm today...

CTR - £17,600 OTR
CTR GT - £18,600 OTR
only options listed on the system at the moment are:
19" Alloys - £950
SatNav/HFT £1400
Met Paint £375

GT has auto wipers, auto lights, electric folding mirrors, split climate control and a few other things he rattled off so fast I missed them!

Brochures avail towards end of December with the price list about week later (too hard to publish together?)

Jesus Sat Nav price is just silly you got to be a mug to pay full price for that. 19" alloy wheels on a CTR. :x

A little cheaper than I thought.

I don't really want a GT spec one, but it looks like it will be the only way to get AC :roll: at least it hasn't got a glass roof like the Type S GT.

I saw LOADS of red TypeR's being put to the test at Millbrook today.

hehe spotted one on the high speed bowl at around 140/150mph, i put him in his place with 911 power :p

Spoke to the dealer today, and he confirmed the above prices.

Also the standard model won't have a/c :roll:

At least an extra £1000 gets you more that it did on the old model.

If it's anything like the current Civic, i wouldn't bother. Our mate that works at Honda said they have had a load in for warranty work. Welds not finished properly, leaks, squeaks and rattles and shock absorbers.

We are fed up with listening to him moaning about them.

paul.goffin said:

Just to point out... the base model is 'base'

It will not have:

AC (as above)
Stereo
Rear Parcel Shelf
etc

This is all to save weight and give performance compariable to other OEM's performance cars...

typerkid said:
paul.goffin said:

It will not have:

AC (as above)
Stereo
Rear Parcel Shelf
etc

This is all to save weight and give performance compariable to other OEM's performance cars...

Humm I'm not so sure about that. I think the base model will have things like stereo and parcel shelf just no A/C like what EP3 did. :?

frenchy said:
typerkid said:
paul.goffin said:

It will not have:

AC (as above)
Stereo
Rear Parcel Shelf
etc

Humm I'm not so sure about that. I think the base model will have things like stereo and parcel shelf just no A/C like what EP3 did. :?

Mike works at honda swindon so has a better idea than most of what the cars will and won't have :wink:

There is a lighter weight version which doesn't have stereo etc.

http://world.honda.com/news/2006/4060914CivicTypeR/

Taking the Type R philosophy to its logical conclusion, a lighter Civic Type R will be available. The deletion of items such as the audio system, rear load cover, engine under cover and reduced noise insulation material brings weight down by 40 kg. Like its predecessor, the new Type R will also be homologated for racing (FIA Group N and Group A), meeting a large demand from existing customers. A full range of competitive racing parts and racing service will also be made available for them to fully enjoy their passion.

ritzctr said:
There is a lighter weight version which doesn't have stereo etc.

http://world.honda.com/news/2006/4060914CivicTypeR/

Taking the Type R philosophy to its logical conclusion, a lighter Civic Type R will be available. The deletion of items such as the audio system, rear load cover, engine under cover and reduced noise insulation material brings weight down by 40 kg. Like its predecessor, the new Type R will also be homologated for racing (FIA Group N and Group A), meeting a large demand from existing customers. A full range of competitive racing parts and racing service will also be made available for them to fully enjoy their passion.

Yes but I bet it wont be sold here :wink:

Sounds to me like a ploy to get a version to market with a lower kerb weight than the EP3 and lower price than Focus ST... I can't see many takers though, I should imagine the lion's share will be the GT version.

They should have gone the whole hog and stripped the base version of all electrics and sound deadening, and added the ATB diff, 16in steelies and a GRP bonnet. That little lot would easily be approaching 1100kg giving a handy 180bhp/ton.

Back