• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Probably worth locking as I made a new thread!

After a long time searching and test driving different cars from the Clio 197 to the Focus ST I've finally (almost) got my first Honda! It's gearbox was one of the selling points to be honest, it's brilliant. I say almost, I'm just waiting to get the finance sorted but all going well I will be picking her up on Sat!

This is it, 04 plate, 50k miles, full Honda History and a whole load of paperwork including the Honda brochure from when it was new :)

http://www.greenwingmotors.co.uk/ho...ype-r-hatchback-in-knutsford-cheshire-2629628

It's pretty much immaculate and has next to zero stone chips on the front bumper which seems rare. I guess it's maybe a bit overpriced but it's so clean and the low mileage was attractive to me.

I'll take some more pics when I get it home! I'm so excited haha, like a kid at Christmas..

For the first few months I'll probably leave it standard but after a while I will no doubt start doing a couple of mods, first ones that come to mind are a FRSU and a AEM CAI, maybe opt for a K-100 after that to lower vtec a bit but we will see how it goes! I also plan to add some after market tints :D

I plan on going Japfest or JAE this year so I will no doubt be seeing some of you soon.. more pics to follow!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good stuff, was it you who was looking at this last week? Ive seen another thread about this car before.

It does look clean and the mileage can't be faulted. Hope you enjoy it :)

Re: Finally (about to) join the Honda fold!

Very nice. It does look very tidy.

Yeah it was me the other day mate. I think I was asking if it was overpriced? Haha
The plot has now thickened.. the dealer phoned me up and said he could only get HP up to 4.5k for it.. but didn't really explain why. Anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking because its not worth 6k and the lender knows if I defaulted payment they would be loosing money right away.. maybe I'm clutching at straws now haha but anyone have any idea why this would happen? I kinda feel like I'm getting ripped off at the mo :/

Exactly as you have said, its over priced. The floor has dropped with EP3's. You can pick up Premiers for less than £5k now.

Well, crap. Thanks for the quick response. I'm going to be without a car after today so I don't know what to do. I feel like my credit file has already been bombarded by credit searches which makes me warey of looking elsewhere. I saw an EK9 for 6k that will probably hold its value a lot more!

Got bummed with mine too and paid 6.6k =( not even got air con so feel like i'm poverty spec haha!

looking foward to hearing if you purchase =)

Phone the sellers, and explain the car is massively overpriced compared to others you have seen, and put a cheeky offer in for it. The worst they can say is no. After finding out the true value, they may be interested.

Perhaps its a silver thing! Haha. I didn't mind paying the 6k for it as its very clean but then when a finance company refuse to pay the total amount it has set some alarm bells off! Does this happen often? I'm going to phone him and say I'll give you 5500 and see what he says, I'm not really a fan of spunking 1k into the dealers pocket for no reason

@tom it was the dealer that got me the finance quote but I will give it ago.

Exactly, the dealer expected it to sell for £6k, he has tried to finance it, and they will only go to £4.5k, he will now be ******** bricks because the car he thought was worth £6k, isn't.

I would offer £5k, I wouldn't pay a grand over the finance.

Phoned him up, he's not budging on price and has someone coming to look at it this afternoon so I need to make my mind up. He said its an issue with the age if the car not with how much its worth. I feel like I'm backed up in a corner cause I've already had my file searched so its effected my score and my car is getting sold today so I'm not going to have a car after today lol :(

I would walk away then, as hard as it is. I would be amazed if he sold it for that price.

I think its only over priced by £500 to be honest after looking around for days. Trade that is, private is cheaper. I guess if I plan on keeping it for a while then I wouldn't really care that much. I suppose putting 1.5k down is better than lending another k and getting interest on that.

Re: Finally (about to) join the Honda fold!

Phoned him up, he's not budging on price and has someone coming to look at it this afternoon so I need to make my mind up.

Standard car salesman response. Load of bull.

Hard as it might be because you like this one, walk away. Like Tom said, the dealer has now realised the car he has isn't worth what he's asking and he's panicking. He'll probably leave it up for another couple of weeks at that price hoping someone comes along then drop it.

Honestly, and I thought this but didn't want to put you down on your new purchase, but even as clean as it is, it's an 04 on 50k. It's 9 years old. It's worth £4.5k, £5k tops considering it is from a dealer. You'd get a similar 04 for £4.5k private quite easily.

Don't be fooled by prices on Autotrader or Pistonheads. Those are the advertised prices and people expect a bit of bartering. You never, ever pay the asking price unless it's cheap to start with.

Thanks for the replies guys and I appreciate the advise. We managed to come to a deal so I'm happier now. Maybe paid a bit over the odds even now but YOLO! Haha na I'm hoping it will be a good buy. At least I'm a soon to be type R owner now anyway haha!

I wasn't blinded by love for the car and I knew it was a bit steep but we negotiated a deal inc. Tax so could be worse I suppose!! I was about to walk away..

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, it might be worth me starting a new thread when I get it as this has a bit of an overall negative tone haha!:)

Good advise for future buyers though.

Back