• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

problem after fitting manifold and decat

hmmm, might have to get the silenced b-pipe if its too loud :( anyone know if, i had a map done for 4-2-1 , unsilenced bpipe and backbox, would i need a new map if i were to simply swap the unsilenced for a silenced?? if i were to get the same diameter pipe??

Yeah the sheer diameter of the decat pipe from the manifold probably gives you the drone. Mine was really droney with standard mani + cat with a cat back. Getting a 4-2-1 header actually made it much better and not really any louder. If you're worried about noise definitely go for a silenced b pipe. Idk about the map issues. Wouldn't have thought it would affect it much. Its not like you're sticking a cat in.

Milano EP3
R6 Track bike

yea thats what i thought, but i've also been told that the manifold, cat, b-pipe and backbox are the most restrictive parts to a CTR so wasn't sure if swapping unsilenced for a silenced would alter anything and require a new map :S to be honest, my last car a peugeot 206 had a massive backbox on, with a silenced centre section and that was the drone-iest thing ever! my ep3 with an un-silenced b-pipe with magnex backbox is actually quite quiet which is why im unsure of what the header will do :S i guess i wont know till i try :D

Mine doesn't drone at all round town. As for the motorway. 70mph is silent 80 it drones 90 its silent. So it depends if you want to be early or late. Lol

Milano EP3
R6 Track bike

haha! what are you running?? see what i mean, half of the people are saying a 4-2-1 will change a car from silent-ish to ridiculously unbearable and some are saying it barely makes a difference :S

Well I've got a dc sports 4-2-1 and powerflow cat back. Silenced mid pipe but only a little scilencer. A friend of mine has nearly exactly the same and uses it 12 miles each way for work everyday without complaining. When I tell passengers its decatted they're always shocked. Just cruising round town you can keep noise levels really low below 4k.

Milano EP3
R6 Track bike

Thanks mate. Only got it mapped last summer so might hold off a while, especially as it's over 700 mile round trip to tdi. Lol

Back