• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

problem: EP3 door rattle

Hey you lot! I'm hoping to pick your brains again!

When listening to loud(ish) music with some bass in it, i am having some bad problems with doors rattling, I can stop it by pressing my arm against the door cards. Have any of you had problems like this? If so how have you rectified them?

Cheers Dan

i put some adhesive foam tape behind my drivers doorcard to stop bass rattling. worked a treat

Took my door cards off last night and popped some adhesive foam tape stuff on the back of them, it worked a treat! Cheers for the help Stu!

Hello, I am struggling with the same problem so recently decided to change the front speakers but struggled to get the door cards off and couldnt for the life of me see how they are removed ( without causing any damage to them ). Could you point me in the right direction if possible please :) Thanks!

I found this too, and am also called Dan...weird eh! Without taking anything to bits, i just got a roll of tape, wide enough to wedge in the door pocket! Works fine but it doesnt have to be tape, anything thats wide enough to press against either side of the door pocket. This is probably a bit of a silly solution, but as long as it works??? Also, i cant be bothered to take door cards of, even though i have some 'for this purpose' dash tape i got from work!

Where did you exactly put the adhesive foam tape? Can you explain? I'm also having problems with rear doors rattling. How to fix?

Thanks!

Erm, rear doors? What car mate?

In general, put the tape on the most protruded part of the inner part of the door card, 'normally' that's the armrest area.
So where the armrest is on the inside of the doorcard, where it stick out most, and is most likely to slightly touch the metal frame of the door.

Back