• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Problem starting?

Hi all

Just tried starting my type-r and it wouldn't work!!!! Sounded like the battery was dead. I locked it up and went up blockbusters with the mrs. Came back and thought I'd try it again before calling the AA. And after 2 turns of the key and a slight touch of the throttle it started??

Anyone else had this? 1st time its happened to me.

Mine did this a couple of times i did the same as you left it then tried again. it only happened twice in around 2 years of ownership so i never realy bothered to find the cause

Very Strange you posted this just had my battery replaced yesterday it started happening recently that if i was sitting in the car for a couple of minutes and turned on the engine it would not start and then it would.I was told it was most likely the battery and not the alternator. But i remember someone telling me before that the ep3 civic 1.4,1.6 had an issue where the car would drain the battery think it was a ECU fault but dont think it included ep3 type r just a thought!

Been fine again today. I've only had it a week so previously I'd been using it all week. Then all day Sat I never used it untill the evening and then it just wouldn't start. Sounded like it had a flat battery. You know, when you turn the key and hear a drurring sound. Then after about 20 minutes it started fine!! A bit worrying really. Just signed up with the AA just in case.

Any one wanna do a deal with some alloys? I wanna go back to the standard Type-r alloys? My profile pic have my bad boys on it!!

Been fine again today. I've only had it a week so previously I'd been using it all week. Then all day Sat I never used it untill the evening and then it just wouldn't start. Sounded like it had a flat battery. You know, when you turn the key and hear a drurring sound. Then after about 20 minutes it started fine!! A bit worrying really. Just signed up with the AA just in case.

Any one wanna do a deal with some alloys? I wanna go back to the standard Type-r alloys? My profile pic have my bad boys on it!!

PM'd

Back