• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Problem with Immobiliser

Hey guys,

Got a problem with my 52 plate Honda civic Type R. Dont really know much about them as not long bought it.

The problem i have is that the fob does not disengage the immobiliser and also does not turn the alarm off. Ive been told that you can bypass the immobiliser as it a more cheaper option for me at the moment and want to know if you can actually bypass the immobiliser. Ive got an aftermarket alarm which im going to fit at a later date but need to get around this immobiliser problem as its not allowing the car to start aswell.

Thanks, Lewis

hi mate well it a common problem with the pre face lift model i had the same issue wat u can do it disconnect the battery and then put the key in ignition and turn igintion on and den connct the battery that shold wrk but the best bet is get a new alarm cuz the problem will only get worse trust me

Back