• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Procedure for Vacuum bleeding brakes

Hi All

Been reading quite a few threads and read some conflicting info so wondered if anyone could clarify.

Is the correct order of bleeding o/s f, n/s f, n/s r and o/s r?
Does the brake pedal need to be held down constantly to stop any damage to the abs pump as I will use a vacuum bleeder on my compressor?

To my knowledge my brake fluid hasn't been changed since Honda services in 2010 and brakes are a bit soft so want to do a complete change.

Thanks in advance

Which order you bleed from is always debatable. Some say start from the caliper furthest away. Others from the front first then rear. What’s important whichever way you go is you flush enough fluid through the system so it’s all new.
With a vacuum bleeder you’ll be ‘sucking’ the fluid from the caliper?
There’s no need to do anything with the brake pedal.

I've now bled my brakes and done them in the order I listed on the first post, done a complete fluid change which was really easy to do with a vacuum bleeder as I done the Work on my own. Also fitted discs and pads all round and refurbed the calipers. Whoever changed the discs last sheared off the securing screws on the front discs so had to drill them out and re-tap the threads which was a bit of a nightmare. Glad I bought stainless screws ready. My brakes are still bedding in but feel a lot better and I haven't got warped discs anymore!

Back