• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 "Product Update"....

Neily03

Professional Hippy
Just got a voice mail from my Honda Dealer, they need my car as it requires a 'product update'........ The guy said to call back on Thursday to book it in...

Anyone any ideas what what this could be? :eek:

New front wheel arch trims maybe? :lol:

They still don't have the dodgy handbrake issues do they?

Done a bit of digging on other forums and it appears to be an issue with the fuse box flattening the battery...... on MY08 cars only..... That's what the tinterweb tells me anywho....

It for the MICU (Multiplex Integrated Control Unit) to be replaced apparently. This unit should sleep when the car is locked and in some cases it doesn't and flattens the battery.... I believe it's part of the fusebox...

Thought they were perhaps fixing the 'horrid back end style' problem that has been there since they first came out. ;)

I wonder if that had anything to do with my flat battery a few months back. Granted, I left the wipers on auto but still...

I wonder if that had anything to do with my flat battery a few months back. Granted, I left the wipers on auto but still...
mythbusters_plausible_spray.png

My wipers are constantly left in the Auto position with no problems.
This is on both 2007 and 2009 models.

So are mine but Honda say to turn them off when leaving the car for extended periods as they could flatten the battery.... IMO an 'extended period' would be over a week....

So are mine but Honda say to turn them off when leaving the car for extended periods as they could flatten the battery.... IMO an 'extended period' would be over a week....

I often leave the car for 2 weeks at a time.

I might start returning them to the off position.

I often leave the car for 2 weeks at a time.

I might start returning them to the off position.
I'm just going off what I've read in the manual, most I've ever left mine for is about 2 days so I just leave them set to auto....

My car is a 08 model but only just registered on 59 plate in November. I rung my local Honda dealer and they initially said mine wasnt on the list for the update until a pressed him to check by chassis number and then he agreed it needed doing so its booked in next tuesday. I would have expected a phone call and Honda to automatically send out re calls,considering this didnt happen is there anymore recalls my car should have had whilst its been awaiting to be registered?

My car is a 08 model but only just registered on 59 plate in November. I rung my local Honda dealer and they initially said mine wasnt on the list for the update until a pressed him to check by chassis number and then he agreed it needed doing so its booked in next tuesday. I would have expected a phone call and Honda to automatically send out re calls,considering this didnt happen is there anymore recalls my car should have had whilst its been awaiting to be registered?

They would have contacted you, if you gave them half a chance! :lol:

I don't think there'll be any more outstaning but in future you can check here;

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/youandyourcar/recallsandupdates/

Back