• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

pro's and cons for 19'' wheels

As many as poss please. Don't get me wrong, i love the originals but where i live toooooooo many copy ctr's and ctr's. As i've never upgraded my wheels and tyres before i would appreciate some advice. Alot of money is at stake. Thanks for replying in advance.
Keep wavin' and safe drivin'
Ryan

Pros: umm... :-k

Cons: initial cost, weight, looks, cost of replacement tyres, tramlining, lack of feel, susceptibility to damage... :?

as above

will b keepin the potenza's but will the car handle as well when being drivin quickly compared to the 17's or does it lose the control.
Thanks Should of said earlier
Ryan

I would go for some nice 18s, I used to like 19s but they are a bit too big IMO. Unless you want show instead of go.

Evs said:
Pros: umm... :-k

Cons: initial cost, weight, looks, cost of replacement tyres, tramlining, lack of feel, susceptibility to damage... :?

/\ Exactly !

Lightweight 17's are the way forward, how about some nice Wedsports or something like that?

As stated by Funky, a 19 inch wheel on a CTR is overkill where driving is concerned. If you want to enjoy the Type R driving experience I would avoid 19in wheels. 8)

If you want to make your CTR more individual and tailor made for you then try another form of visual modding - there are some quality bodykits available, Buddyclub to name one. 8)

Ryan Cox said:
Looking at the £1200 mark would u suggest?

Rays TE37 in bronze, go with 18's. Light, great looking, rare and with the right tyres no bigger than OEM 17's with a 45 profile, so the car won't appear jacked up.

TE37.jpg

CTR_Paul said:
Ryan Cox said:
Looking at the £1200 mark would u suggest?

Rays TE37 in bronze, go with 18's. Light, great looking, rare and with the right tyres no bigger than OEM 17's with a 45 profile, so the car won't appear jacked up.

TE37.jpg

Or the CE28N 8)

Back