• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pros and cons of replica recaro seats

Hi people, can any one give me any info on replica recaros, does any one have a set of reps are they cushy to they las ect. Any info will be great thAnks

Fake seats could be really dangerous in the event of an accident.

Buy 2nd hand genuine parts instead

Well lower quality materials and build quality aren't worth the risk IMO

hmmm, just cos they arnt genuine Honda, does that automatically mean inferior quality? i would say not, though i would say take each set and assess individually...just my opinion

hmmm, just cos they arnt genuine Honda, does that automatically mean inferior quality? i would say not, though i would say take each set and assess individually...just my opinion

No, not at all. Imagine the forces being transmitted through the seat in the event of an accident. Then imagine the seat your sitting in twisting and cracking cos you tried to save a couple of quid.

This proves my point

http://www.rx7club.com/3rd-generati...rning-counterfeit-sparco-seat-failure-930854/

i dont dispute the example given, but just to say all replica products are inferior i would have to disagree, and im sure some of them will have very strict quality control, safety testing and R+D. again as i stated take each "replica" individually.

Cheers guys I also had a read on that link I think i will stay away from reps now I have seen some lush recaros but at £1000 I don't think I could part with that kinda money

i dont dispute the example given, but just to say all replica products are inferior i would have to disagree, and im sure some of them will have very strict quality control, safety testing and R+D. again as i stated take each "replica" individually.

I doubt that Chinese eBay specials will have any R&D or safety in mind.

There are no cons to cheap replica seats, they're every bit as good as the real expensive ones.

i agree with eds comment, but surely replica doesnt have to mean chinese ebay special? I am into my road racing bikes, and the same debate goes on there with some of the carbon frames, which are made in the same factory, with the same materials and same molds but diffeently branded, and maybe £1000 less becuse they dont have the right decals on. If someone wants to pay for the name then crack on... ;-)

Here is another question would it be Wurth buying seats from the states as I have looked on ebay and the cost is so
much cheaper also I have a friend who lives in America who I could get to buy me some seats and then send post them to me of will that be too risky or sommin

Back