• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pro's/Con's - Buddyclub cat back

Looking for info from people who have owned Buddyclub Spec 3, Spec 4 and Pro Spec exhausts.

I know they don't produce the spec 3 any more and I know they are the loudest by far of the 3 so it would be last on my list, but anything to watch for with them? Do they hold up well or do they corrode easily?

Same for Spec4 really and the Pro Spec.... How well do they fit, how do they hold up condition wise? Any other problems to watch out for on any of those?

If anybody has owned 2 or even 3 of these different exchausts it would be good to hear how they compare directly to each other also.

Thanks.

I've never owned a buddyclub exhaust, however I have heard stories of the build quality being questionable. IIRC HASNIC had issues with his old system on his EP3 and this wasn't a one off.

I'm not sure which one it actually is (it weren't the one with the Apexi Hayabusa style exit) - but dotty off here had one singe through his bumper-lip on his JDM. That's all I know about these systems - re: fitment. He got rid sharpish though.

I've never owned a buddyclub exhaust, however I have heard stories of the build quality being questionable. IIRC HASNIC had issues with his old system on his EP3 and this wasn't a one off.

It was on the DC2, I went through two Pro Specs and a Spec 4. When I had the first Pro spec fitted, the baffles failed on the drive home, the second lasted a little longer but again the baffles failed. The Spec 4 also failed after 4 months or so. I wouldn't touch them again.

Thanks guys. Doesn't sound very promising.

A while back I seen some things saying the b pipe on the Pro Spec sits stupidly low and is a bad fit.

I heard the baffles on the spec 3 die.

Spec 4 is the one I heard of least problems so was the one I was after really.

The car only gets used on sunny weekend days but will end up on track eventually. So I don't want something that's going to abort when it feels like it. Doesn't help I'm all about peace of mind and paranoid about stuff. AWESOME!

Hi,

I had a Pro Spec on my EP3 for a while before selling it and it was great, fitted very well and very well built. If you get one buy some Power Flex hangers that way you can get the back box spot on.

Beware they are LOUD!!!!!

i have a spec 3 on my ep3, with a sports header, its sounds good but very loud... the only issue i have had with mine is as my car is sitting about a 50-55mm drop on coilovers i have to be very careful on speed bumps.

Dean.

Get ProSpec.

Mine in this video ;)

Wait for the tunnel. 3:30 video 1.

[video=youtube;utf8a-xL2AY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utf8a-xL2AY[/video]
[video=youtube;djWehqWRyRc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djWehqWRyRc[/video]

As for fit/issues, I had none, aside from the mounts mentioned above.

Truth be told, I miss the sound. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks dude. Too late though, fitted my new Twinloop last weekend :lol: Just ain't updated my car thread or that yet :)

Hi,

I am having problems with my Pro Spec III. Mine is sitting too high and the mid section is resting on the underside of the floor. The back box however seems to be too low as it is sitting on the anti roll bar.

What Powerflex Hangers did you use as they are all universal?

Thanks

Hi,

I had a Pro Spec on my EP3 for a while before selling it and it was great, fitted very well and very well built. If you get one buy some Power Flex hangers that way you can get the back box spot on.

Beware they are LOUD!!!!!

Boom!

DSCF4894.jpg

How do these fit? The car only has a single hanger point and the exhaust has 2 which is why I have been looking for something like this

ff2b328d03e4f5d1805580cd5e3fb920.jpg

I have one but im replacing it for a tegiwa catback. The only reason is I live in a very quiet street. Otherwise it does sound nice!!! Even my Dad said it sounds great and he has no interests in cars etc.

Back