• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Prospective EP3 buyer from Northern Ireland.

Hi everyone!

I have just joined the forum recently after lurking around soaking up info on all things Type R for what seems like forever.

Anyways, it's time for a new (first car) and have always wanted a civic. I'm 27 so insurance isn't much of a problem.
I'm after an EP3 Premier Edition, hopefully with a great history. However, the market in Northern Ireland & Ireland in general is quite small and premier editions are as rare as hens teeth!
Recently I have seen one in the Greater Belfast area so I have got in contact with the seller to see what the story is and I will report back here when I know more.

In the meantime, if there's members on the forum from Ireland, would anyone be able to point me in the direction of an EP3 worth considering?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

So the car I've been looking at is a NHB premier edition. Has 77400 miles on it and is up for sale at £5550. The ad also stated the car was MOT'd until September and the usual good condition stuff.
So, I asked the guy About the service history, tax and how many owners it had, and this is what he replied

"Ive owned the car for the past 2yrs, it has had 2previous owners, service history car has been serviced every 10k altho book has not been stamped, I bought from a dealer friend of mine who was selling
It on behalf of a friend of his, I had the service done at 70k there, as regards to the major service??, I assume you mean, timing chain, ive been assured that this is not necessary until 100k, tax wise, its up at the end of july, but id be refunding that myself as its 270 per yr, hope this helps"

I don't like the sound of the service book not being stamped but as a whole might be worth a look?

Thanks

So the car I've been looking at is a NHB premier edition. Has 77400 miles on it and is up for sale at £5550. The ad also stated the car was MOT'd until September and the usual good condition stuff.
So, I asked the guy About the service history, tax and how many owners it had, and this is what he replied

"Ive owned the car for the past 2yrs, it has had 2previous owners, service history car has been serviced every 10k altho book has not been stamped, I bought from a dealer friend of mine who was selling
It on behalf of a friend of his, I had the service done at 70k there, as regards to the major service??, I assume you mean, timing chain, ive been assured that this is not necessary until 100k, tax wise, its up at the end of july, but id be refunding that myself as its 270 per yr, hope this helps"

I don't like the sound of the service book not being stamped but as a whole might be worth a look?

Thanks

I'd be cautious personally as wouldn't be happy that there are no stamps. I would also expect them to know about the big service too if it had been serviced to schedule.

Back