• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Protecting NCB? Help!!

Help!!

Ok, here's the deal.... I'm a 22 year old male driver, who has 5 years NCB.

Just recently renewed my policy, orginally being insured with Direct Line.

Upon renewal i took a policy with Admiral Insurance with a pretty decent quote of around £850.00 fully comp with protected NCB.

After reading on these forums, and having done a couple of mods (exhuast/tints) i thought id better check about declaring them. When speaking to Admiral the day after taking the policy, they wanted a huge amount extra, so therefore cancelled the policy (lasting one day - no charge).

Soon after a phone call to GREENLIGHT INSURANCE and a good quote with mod's was taken up. Upon receiving the paper work i noticed that i didn't have protected NCB .

Have just got off the phone to Greenlight, aparently if your under 25 years old, NCB protection is NOT an option!

My question is, what do i do now? I have 5 years NCB and at 22 years old, if i lost them, id be crippled on a new policy!

Help! :oops: :shock:

Just have to risk it, if you have an accident you only loose 1 years NCB so it shouldnt be too bad... next time check you can protect it first ;)

IMO protected NCB is a rip off unless you get it free, you still have to say that you have had a crash so they lump a load on the premium. Makes no sense really, just another way of making more money out of the unsuspecting punter. :evil:

Just my 5p worth. :D

Greenlight protected my no-claims for free when i was 24 and 9 months old. :wink:

Time to start ringing around again for quotes me thinks! grrr, my own fault for presuming i had it!! :oops: :shock:

Back