• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Protective coating, jewel ultra, supabrite etc

Does anyone know whether its worth getting the protective coatings applied to the car that the dealers always try and punt to you.

In my opion £250 to £300 quid for washing your car with a pail of water and some fancy shampoo seems excessive.

If anyone knows has any advice it would be appreciated.

Researched it a little bit on the internet and the advice from people in the know seems to be "forget it" as there is no better finish than the one applied in the factory.

Agreed, give it a miss. Just stick witha good cleaning regime. Using good products and you will be fine. There is plenty of good advice on the forums re- car care.

Spend the cash on petrol, or a set of Yokohama Parada Spec 2's ;) :)

Yeah, i told the dealer this last weekend when I ordered my new type r, i think he knew where i was coming from

I see you can get the jewlutra kits for £9.99 on ebay, total rip off by dealers wanting hundreds.

For £300 quid i would expect my car to be shipped to NASA and back to have the coating applied

Don't touch it.

Much better protection can be given just by using products availible in Halfords tbh.

IMHO, cars worth over 15k should have the supaguard fitted for free. Just haggle with the dealers as it costs them nothing.

We all know how terrible Honda paint is so every little helps ;-)

The dealer is Supaguarding mine for free, part of their sales package, which I thought was pretty good.

Guy

If they do it for free then thats fine but you'd have to be nuts to pay for it, and even more nuts to believe some of the claims like you won't have to wax it for 3 years... :lol:

We had our other car [ MX5 ] superguarded, and I can vouch that it is still as shinny today as it was a year ago when we go it, and I have not waxed or polished it !

Would recommend it !

Complete rip off, I had my CTR done from the main dealer and after a year I got a letter from a valeting company telling me it was due for its yearly inspection.

For them to inspect it properly they had to valet it correctly at going on for £100...obvously I said get lost.

we use diamondbrite at our place i have had it on my old civic and was very good

we buy our kits for £20 and sales charge it out for £350

two word rip off

It's worth noting that the dealers are not buying the cleaning products for £20 and then flogging them at you for £300. The majority of that price goes to for the service provided by a professional - both inside and out. Sure, even taken that into account, it's subjective to say whether it's good value or not.
Anyone who says he can do it in 30mins is not doing it properly.

More than enough for fn2. Just washed mine for first time after applying it, in 30mins, Looks as if it`s come out of the showroom, exept for the stone chips.:(

Back