• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pulled over by Police.

Hey All,

Somewhat new here, and i am considering getting a CTR '04, OR a BMW 325 or 330 m sport.

Just wanted to know which holds value more and i heard that CTR are chav's dream car! I live in London and don't see that many CTRs. do you guys get pulled over a lot and if so what for? i hear that CTRs are a target for people who want to steal cars and i dont really want a car that is at higher risk!

thanks.

Owned Type R's since 2004 and I've been pulled over once, and that was as part of on the spot checks so I wasn't really targeted.

Ohh glad to hear :) and the more important question, do you think they are more likely to get broken into? And what kind of tings should one be looking out for when buying a ctr? Is there a section of the forum where advice can be given? Ideally I am hoping for 6k, I have an offer for a 04 facelift, 40k on clock for 6.5k what's the average price? I have seen some with 80k and they still ask for very high prices!

we got a boy racer problem up here but i have never got stopped dont drive like a **** and make a noise the cops leave you alone.

been pulled over once, but I was doing 97 in a 60. My bad, and I paid the price but I never advocate going faster than legally allowed.

Will this be your first car? What age are you?
If you are young and this is your first car the insurance will be a killer, so the sport you have linked would be worth thinking about. It wouldnt cost much to add a type r spoiler and wheels.

The cosmic looks like a good buy if you get it for a lower price like you say.

yep will be my first car, currently drive parents owned car. I will be 22 when I get it. How much are you guys paying for insurance if you don't mind me asking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloody hell first car your insurance will be a killer. although saying that i paid 2k last year and 800 this year. But i have a fair few points and the police know me lol

that is quite a jump toolapc! after the first year, do they adjust the premium according to the car you drive??

I've got an 04 Milano red and i've been pulled once (own fault for pegging it a bit). Owned it for about 18 months now.

I got insured at 24 with 3 years NCB for £750 and £980 the year before (parents as second & Third drivers) & i live in North East London

that is quite a jump toolapc! after the first year, do they adjust the premium according to the car you drive??
Not sure what you mean. Every car will have a insurance group the faster a car the higher a insurance group. the fist year i had it insurance companys diddnt realy want to insure me as i had just got the car. After a year of owning it though and a years no-claims it went down rarther nicely :lol:

You dont see many in London as they are expensive to run in a city. I have been pulled once 7 years ago when the car was new and mr plod wanted to have a look.

Never been pulled in the CTR or the Teg, but I've had the old bill up my arris a couple of times. I'm sure they were egging me on, but I didn;t rise to the bait.

As for break in's, it all depends on the area and bad timing tbh. If someone is going to break into a car they will regardless of what car it is. I think the biggest factor is don't leave anything worth nicking on show. You're only asking for trouble then. I've always thought it would be far easier to break into an older car with less security to pinch a head unit, but thankfully I'm not a thief so I haven't got their mentality.

Back