• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Pulsing squeak when clutch is not depressed

Hi all,

I have a 2005 EP3. No problems whatsoever with the performance or anything like that, however, I can often hear a pulsing squeaking when my foot is not holding the clutch in. It seems to happen only in neutral but that could be because I can't hear it over the engine when I'm moving.

As soon as I depress the clutch even a **tiny** bit, the noise stops. Sometimes the noise isn't there at all.

Any ideas?

After googling myself I've seen a few threads which indicate it could be that as well. Is there any way to confirm it myself without taking the clutch apart?

After playing around a bit, I notice that bang on 1500RPM the noise ceases when I am in neutral and giving it some revs.

Deffo the release bearing... mine is doing it slightly and best option is just to buy a new clutch kit and replace the whole lot... exedy clutch kits are £140 I think... that's my plan anyway, replacing just the bearing is pointless may as well do clutch at same time.... its nothing serious so don't lose too much sleep over it.

Thanks mate! Put my mind at ease. Will wait a little while for it to get unbearable (no pun intended!) since I can only really hear it with the windows down.

Back