• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Purchasing Civic Type R GT

Hi all,

I need a little advice from you guys. I’m pretty much halfway with buying a 09 plate type r gt with the offer they have at the local garage near me. They are offering 2k off the normal price so makes it £17,980. I’ve test drove the car (not the one which will be ordered) and love it.

During the test drive, I was noticed the car had a bit of power to it, most probably from me driving my 75bhp Golf around. The sales person knew her stuff about cars and the civic, but she said something that confused me. She mentioned the new models have 210bhp… is this true? I know for sure the same car (older years) were something like 198bhp? But the sales person said the new ones this year have 210bp? Is this true?

Second of all, part of the offer I’ve managed to grab myself a full tank of fuel and type r mates, a type r jacket!! Woop woop I think I’m going to try my luck and get a free pen. I’m just wondering is there anything else I should try my luck with, something worth asking perhaps?

I have heard of people getting new ones for around 16-17k IIRC.

210bhp? Careful you dont step in the bullsh*t!

Hi all,

I need a little advice from you guys. I’m pretty much halfway with buying a 09 plate type r gt with the offer they have at the local garage near me. They are offering 2k off the normal price so makes it £17,980.

That doesn't seem that good a deal to me for a used car, and it's probably a 2008 model too......

That doesn't seem that good a deal to me for a used car, and it's probably a 2008 model too......

Sorry, I meant to say it's brand new from the factory and will be a 59 plate. If that is the latest?

as for the 210bhp, I was suprised she said that, because I wasn't exactly acting like I knew nothing about the car.

No idea where she gets 210 from...I thought at first she meant PS and not HP. But then I think 198hp is only 200PS...

Try Drivethedeal.com - theres people on civinfo who have Type-R GT's (2009MY's) for less thank £16k - or tell your dealer about it, and ask them to match or beat it - you'll save yourself over £2k.. and it's all above board too. Drivethedeal.com act as agents, you get your car from a Honda Garage, with all the garage services, the deal just goes through Drivethedeal. :D Check it out.

OK, now i'm going to be dumb but whats ps?

Thanks for the link TypeRiter - not sure on that though as the Honda are offering 0% finance and this suits be right now as I just got a house so wan't to even it out a bit.

why not buy a year old one and save yourself 6k or an ep3 premier and save 9k

why not buy a year old one and save yourself 6k or an ep3 premier and save 9k

I've not got the money to pay it all up front, hence why this 0% finance they offering this month is perfect for me. Otherwise i'll have to wait a couple of years or so if I wana pay it all up front.

I've not got the money to pay it all up front, hence why this 0% finance they offering this month is perfect for me. Otherwise i'll have to wait a couple of years or so if I wana pay it all up front.

get a sainsburys loan? yes you'll be paying interest, but nowhere near the 9k potential saving. Listen to someone who has wasted more money on cars over the years than most!!

New cars are a HUGE waste of money, don't be taken in by the 0% incentives and the whole new car honeymoon period lasts about.......2 minutes(ish). In fact, you get a better feeling buying a good second hand one as you have a new car (to you anyway) AND the satisfaction of saving thousands.

OK, now i'm going to be dumb but whats ps?

Pferdstarke - German for horsepower. Slightly smaller than the British unit. :twisted::twisted:

Adopted by DIN as their standard unit, but made obsolete by EEC regs in the early 90's when it was replaced by the kilowatt as the official unit of measure. Still commonly used throughout Europe though.

^^^ It does sound a good deal but like all brand new cars as soon as you drive it off the forecourt the car instantly loses value, didnt they have any used ones in stock? like glen said, you may have to pay a little more interest, but on a much cheaper car, so you would be saving in the long run!

I only bought a new car because:

a) I was in a financial position to do so
b) 1 time in your life evoryones arse should feel the sensation of brand new car seats under your buttocks!
c) The Mrs didnt like the EP3!

I only bought a new car because:

a) I was in a financial position to do so
b) 1 time in your life evoryones arse should feel the sensation of brand new car seats under your buttocks!
c) The Mrs didnt like the EP3!

I think the above goes for me too. The way the car looks inside and out, I just want to know it's only me who's had the pleasure of owning it first. Apart from C) I actually not too keen on the EP3 compared to the FN2.

I do know what you all mean though with the loans so I think it's something I may look into tonight. Thanks for the heads up on this info.

how can your Mrs not like the EP3?

I'd seen a nice looking Cosmic - dont know anything other than it was a Cosmic as I hadnt done any homework on type R's - and I took it for a test drive with the Mrs. I thought it was a pretty good car, but she was complaining about being uncomfortable and was complaining about the "whiney" gearbox.
So she veto'd it.
As I handed it back to the Honda sale guy and talking to him about the car, she was lurking around the showroom and spotted the FN2.
So it was a love at first sight for her!:rolleyes:

I'd got a 2001 M5 lined up for viewing later that day as well!

Back