• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Put the DC5 to bed for a couple of months :(

Thats right folks I just took her out for a final blast till february at least! :(

Filled her up with V Power, checked the tyre's etc etc. (Ironically as I was filling up there was a Milano CTR and also a CW DC2 at the shell station - something you dont see very often in sleepy St Ives!!)

I have written an itinerary out for the guy who will be keeping her ticking over so he is all clued up with what to do etc, She will get taken out twice a week for a distance of about 5 miles a time. Some nice quiet roads to minimise the risk of an accident :oops:.

She will be garaged in between which is a bit of a relief. 8)

MOT is due at the end of Feb 07 and I hope to be back (RnR) for that period..

Stu, nice to know that she will be rested well but you really should not have filled her up fella. :smt018

Once fuel is released from pressurised storage (garage tanks etc) it starts to deteriorate and break down. I know it will still burn ok etc when driven but time does fuel no favours. :shock:

Plus if someone nicks it they've got a full tank of fuel to bounce around with before having to go to a CCTV petrol station.

I say use this as an excuse for 200 miles of fun before she's put away :)

Sad read Stu but good luck and see you in February.
Thanks for the pm by the way, Peter read it last night.

Scousefella said:
Once fuel is released from pressurised storage (garage tanks etc) it starts to deteriorate and break down. I know it will still burn ok etc when driven but time does fuel no favours. :shock:

I dont see it as a problem mate it will do 20 miles a week...

Make sure you note the mileage mate, you never know who can't be trusted.

dotty said:
Scousefella said:

I dont see it as a problem mate it will do 20 miles a week...

Fairy muff fella. 8)

Back