• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Puzzled!

Hi people,

Ive been lurking around on here for a while now and gained a lot of really useul info & advice regarding my FN2.

At the moment though, I'm a little puzzled....

My car was at a local bodyshop recently to repair a lot of dents caused by the craziest hail storm I've ever seen in my life!

Once the repairs were completed the car was returned to me but within a couple of days my auto wipers started acting strangely... when left on auto they were wiping intermittently regardless of the fact there wasnt a drop of rain.

Took it back to the bodyshop who explained they had removed the headlining to get to the underside of the roof, and it shouldnt have caused any problems with the wipers but they have agreed to pay for my local Honda dealer to take a look.

They now seem to have 'corrected' themselves and are working as they should. Its booked in at my local dealer in a weeks time anyway, just for them to give it a check.

Now my car has developed another little quirk....

Whenever im enjoying some 'spirited' driving the car has decided to give a continous beeeeeeeep whenever i take a right hand corner?!?!?!

I get no warning symbols on the dash or any other indication that something is wrong. Its driving me up the wall!

Has anybody else experienced this or have any ideas as to what the cause may be?

Any ideas / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, its a stock 09 GT

Cheers :)

It certainly sounds like you've developed some electrical gremlins. Good luck.

What's going to beep on an FN2? Presumably similar to an EP3 or other Hondas, so I reckon it's something to do with the lights/door switch or seatbelt/butt sensor under the seat. First call would be door switch circuit for me.

Welcome, plenty of info on here although it'll be hard for anyone to pin point. You've said there were a lot of dents repaired so it could be anywhere that's been disturbed so Honda will probably be asking where the dents were so they at least have an idea where to start. Good that they've agreed to have Honda look at it as they'll surely put it right.

Always good to be able to trust the people working on your car. Any excuse for an FK2R's a good one.

Post up the solution when you've got to the bottom of it

Back