• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Quaife Automatic Torque Biasing (ATB) differential

Hi mate,
many of us have fitted it to their EP3s. It's a very good diff.

fitting a diff is one of the best mod you can ; roundabout take another dimension after.

Totally agree, a Diff is supurb, esp round the track, gives you chance to put the power down so much earlier and seems also to settle the car down a bit as well.

I've got the JDM EP3 Diff from a Jap CTR and it's the nuts , just like the Quaife one. Once you have one you'll wonder why there not fitted to CTR's as standard. :eek:

I was just in the right place at the right time mate !
And I would not sell it .. EVER!!!!!!!!

Best mod bar none to a CTR I rekon. :lol:

the JDM is a Torsen diff. You can buy it in Europe from the Swiss Honda Dealer. They were offering it as an extra on the EP3 over there. The beauty is that if you go to Switzerland to get it fitted by a Honda dealer it doesnt even void your warranty :D

However there were quite a lot of talk about the JDM vs Quaife and people were saying that the Quaife was stronger. Purely based on the fact that a few Torsen broke, and afaik no Quaife has been know to brake on the EP3.

The JDM one is ok up to about 250-260bhp which is more than fine for a standard CTR. But the quaife one is stronger. I just liked the idea of the fact that it was a Honda part. I'm very happy with it and wish I done it to my first CTR now and not just this one !!

the JDM is a Torsen diff. You can buy it in Europe from the Swiss Honda Dealer. They were offering it as an extra on the EP3 over there. The beauty is that if you go to Switzerland to get it fitted by a Honda dealer it doesnt even void your warranty :D

However there were quite a lot of talk about the JDM vs Quaife and people were saying that the Quaife was stronger. Purely based on the fact that a few Torsen broke, and afaik no Quaife has been know to brake on the EP3.
As far as I am aware, the JDM diff is a helical type LSD. The Quaife is a torsen item, hence the the name: Torque Sensing (that's where Torsen comes from) or as Quaife like to call an ATB (Automatic Torque Biasing) diff, which isn't exactly an LSD, although it does allow some slippage.

The same unit is fitted in a Focus RS.

I see you live in Norwich, you can have a try in mine and see what you think.
IMO I don't think they make much difference for road driving as I rarely want to push on that hard round corners where the LSD would make a cornering improvement but are worth it for track use.

That's very kind! It would certainly help me make my mind up.

I don't intend using my car on the track. I don't know any good roads around Norwich (tend to drive to and from the office in GY when onshore), but there are plenty bends in the Scottish Borders :twisted: (yep, I'm a sweaty sock!). There are some awesome bits of road in the borders.

Do you not feel it makes much difference in the wet?

Andy

Back