• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Quaife LSD

Hey guys need opinions been offered a quaife LSD like new for £200 is it worth upgrading??

what else has everyone needed when fitting an lsd ie a clutch / bearings / shims????

All help is appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

LSD is a very worthwhile upgrade!

I went with a full gearbox rebuild with an Mfactory LSD, diff bearings & shims, 5.1FD, longer 6th gear, Carbon lined synchro's, input shaft bearing and an OEM clutch while I was there. Car is loads of fun on the track with that set up! :D

It'll help a lot in the cornering department. Depends what you do with the car to be honest. But even just street driving you'll notice the difference.

I think the recommendations are the diff bearings and shims which shouldn't cost a lot to get hold off.

Might be worth having a word with Stevie at Grinspeed, he did my box and he really knows his stuff!

Castor correction bushes can also be handy. I found when I fitted the quaife ATB that the steering wheel was more reluctant to self centre. Nothing drastic, you could live with it and soon get used to it.

Not driven a UK EP3 but my JDM turn in and handling is awesome. It gives you so much confidence. Definitely worth it imo.

I had the mfactory LSD fitted to mine by the kads of TGM. Not sure what else is required but would recommend it highly.

have question about warranty
if i buy used quaife lsd what i need to have warranty (bill, warranty card or something else) ?
does i need register on quaife site, is it possible to do that as a second hand owner ?

thanks

Back