• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Quality issues

I can't see that in perspective. How big is the defect?

I've not used Bracknell to comment.

I've used Reading. They are good. Not had any issues.

I've used Newbury. Very good and painfully friendly. Almost stalker like.

I've used Slough. They are atrocious. It's impossible to get a Type R out of their service area without the front splitter hitting the ground due to an incline. Then they pretend it's your fault the splitter's scraped. They also never print the service details out so you don't know what they've done or what oil's been used if i required a top-up at a later date. Also i've had my car returned with 15 extra miles on it after a routine service (i always take note). I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. I steer clear although i work virtually next door.

P.s. Good luck getting the paint issue sorted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also i've had my car returned with 15 extra miles on it after a routine service (i always take note).

I wonder if you had the HondaApp installed and you presented them with the facts they've taken your car for a hoon what they'd say, especially if it was me I'd be sending the details also to Honda UK for a please explain response.

or do you think the Service Centre are wise to this and would disconnect the dongle before heading out for their hoonage in customer's car?

I went in and lost my ****.

The manager was called and i was informed that a test drive was necessary after the service as an adjustment was made. I called bullsh1t.

He went to investigate. He left the main floor.
I was mad, barely holding it together, i discreetly followed him on the pretence of getting a coffee. I heard him speak to a service member round the corner who said he took 'my car' to lunch break.
What the ****ing **** you dip sh1t ****.
I took a seat. And waited.
Manager returned 'A geometry adjustment was made sir and the car was tested etc'. Lying ****.
First, you don't check geo on a routine service. Second, I just heard you speak to wankstain mechanic round the corner douche bag.

Commence red faced manager. A super slow inspection of my car with said manager to check it and make him feel uncomfortable. A free tank of fuel (i wanted front tyres, but no luck). A complaint to Honda UK and a grovelling letter of apology from pre mentioned douche bag manager 2 weeks later.

I no longer use Slough dealership.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also i've had my car returned with 15 extra miles on it after a routine service (i always take note).
I always take note of mileage too.....I'm very particular about anybody driving my car...I even get nervous when the mechanic is driving it into the workshop. ;)
I see from the service schedule that a road test is on there, which surprises me because it's not a standard thing with other manufacturers.
I am seriously considering saying no road test when my car goes in for its first service, because I don't think I could handle it. :eek:

I’m new to the forum so just looking through the post. Yes my arch liner Dosent fit all the way to the edge on the rear drivers side but it’s ok on the rear passenger side.

The only thing I can add is I have rusty wheel nuts.... trying to get Honda to change them I’ve only done 450 miles. Had the car since October. They want me to take it in so they can try and wipe the rust away just give me some new nuts.

FFS! Its just a car Ron
I find your lack of understanding disturbing. *said in my best James Earl Jones voice. ;)
Yes I am a bit OCD about my cars, but I can assure you I am not alone.
It is my car, I paid 34 grand for it and own it outright.....I am very protective towards it and care what happens to it, so no way is it "just a car to me" ;)

The only thing I can add is I have rusty wheel nuts.... trying to get Honda to change them I’ve only done 450 miles. Had the car since October. They want me to take it in so they can try and wipe the rust away just give me some new nuts.
I have noticed this too. Very surprised because this definitely should not be happening.
Please let us know how you get on.

I have noticed this too. Very surprised because this definitely should not be happening.
Please let us know how you get on.

Will do..the dealer have been fighting my corner... I rang Honda customer helpline to try and push things along. It’s bad for them to be rusting after 4 months never had this on any other car I’ve had.

Will do..the dealer have been fighting my corner... I rang Honda customer helpline to try and push things along. It’s bad for them to be rusting after 4 months never had this on any other car I’ve had.
I first noticed it last month when my car was 4 months old, and like you I've never had this before.
If they are willing to replace them it might be a good idea to try what Jason suggested and see if they will fit the black ones, because it is likely the chrome ones will just go rusty again.
It seems to only be a small number of mine that are affected at the moment, but that's not to say they wont all end up going the same way.

my nuts are ok, but chrome components of the suspension are completely rusted over now....I know you cant see them unless you peer through the wheels like a crazy person, but just makes me more wonder, why finish them in these week ar5e finish...!!!

I’ll mention this to Honda as it’s not just mine. Maybe good idea if you guys ring up and make Honda aware there’s an issue?

Back