• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Question from a numpty :oops:

Ok, i believe that when the CTR goes in for it's annual check up they'll tell me it needs some new boots. I've been doing some research and from what i read everyone is very happy with the Yoko Parada Spec 2's, so i'm thinking that these might be what i decide to put on.

However i'm confused as too the sizes to buy. I currently have the standard bridgestones yet they dont seem do to the paradas in the same fitment :? :? . So to make this easy for me (i told you i'm a numpty) what would everyone say is the 'direct' replacement/equivilent??????

probly cos they're slightly wider so giving a little bit more grip :)

FreakOnALeash said:

In the dry yes, but in the wet the wider the tyre the less grip it'll have (compared to the same make/model in a narrower size).

FreakOnALeash said:

Hmmm, i did think that, but just wanted to see if there was any other reason than the obvious.

Ok, just so i know exaclty what to do should i stick to the same size tyre wall i.e 45 or should i go to 40?? Appart from the obvious is there any advantage/dis-advantage in going smaller???

monkey boy kev said:
FreakOnALeash said:

Hmmm, i did think that, but just wanted to see if there was any other reason than the obvious.

Ok, just so i know exaclty what to do should i stick to the same size tyre wall i.e 45 or should i go to 40?? Appart from the obvious is there any advantage/dis-advantage in going smaller???

In a 205 a 40 profile will give a harder ride then a 45....

Neily03 said:
FreakOnALeash said:

In the dry yes, but in the wet the wider the tyre the less grip it'll have (compared to the same make/model in a narrower size).

How confusing - how does that work then??? :? :? :? Surely the more that touches the road the better grip no matter!!!!!

Neily03 said:
monkey boy kev said:
FreakOnALeash said:

In a 205 a 40 profile will give a harder ride then a 45....

I'll stick to the 45 then, IMO the ride is ok as it is - dont need to be any harder or me teeth will fall out!!!!!

monkey boy kev said:
Neily03 said:
FreakOnALeash said:

How confusing - how does that work then??? :? :? :? Surely the more that touches the road the better grip no matter!!!!!

The wider the tyre the less will touch the road when its wet as it will/could sit ontop of the water rather than cut through it., although the difference could be unnoticable. Put it this way if you have a wide enough tyre you could drive the CTR accross a lake. Simple physics. :wink:

Neily03 said:
monkey boy kev said:
Neily03 said:
FreakOnALeash said:

The wider the tyre the less will touch the road when its wet as it will/could sit ontop of the water rather than cut through it., although the difference could be unnoticable. Put it this way if you have a wide enough tyre you could drive the CTR accross a lake. Simple physics. :wink:

ahhhh, learnt something new today - cheers bud.

Think if i'll go for the same size as the pots i have on at the mo

The only other thing to mention is that the 215/40/17 are normally cheaper than the 205/45/17 because thay are a more popular size. :)

Kev - Like people have said mate, the Yoko's come in the 2 different sizes & the cost of both differ by a fair bit.

I can get 215/40's for £75ish & the 204/45's are another £20ish more.

Hence I'll be going to Toyo T1R's @ £72+VAT per corner fitted :wink:

SpaceMonkey said:
Kev - Like people have said mate, the Yoko's come in the 2 different sizes & the cost of both differ by a fair bit.

I can get 215/40's for £75ish & the 204/45's are another £20ish more.

Hence I'll be going to Toyo T1R's @ £72+VAT per corner fitted :wink:

My sis works for a car dealership and can get most things at cost so i called her and the best she can get them for (205/45) is £102.22 :shock: :shock:

SHe did say the type chappy commented of how soft they are and that the Pots would be the better choice of the 2. Any idea what he could have meant???

Where do you get yours from for them to be so cheap?? i mean even the 205's are only £95ish

Whats the main difference between the Parada spec 2 and the Toyo T1R's you mention???

My sis works for a car dealership and can get most things at cost so i called her and the best she can get them for (205/45) is £102.22 :shock: :shock:

Where do you get yours from for them to be so cheap?? i mean even the 205's are only £95ish

Whats the main difference between the Parada spec 2 and the Toyo T1R's you mention???

I use RSR in Sutton, Surrey.

Had nothing but good experiences with them.
Used no-one else for the last 4 years tbh mate.

Not sure if they do mail order, but are a big firm & may have a outlet near you.

Here is the Sutton number: 02086431781
Speak to Rod there. Nice fella & will help you out as much as poss.

The difference between the Toyo's & Yoko's as far as I read is that the Toyo's are a softer compound & aren't quite as good in the wet (Tbh if you drive like a twat in the wet, your asking for trouble imo) & the Toyo's have a harder sidewall.

How true any of this I don't know tbh Kev.
Only what I've read on various forums.
I had Toyo's on my previous car & were pretty damn good it has to said.
A friend of mine changed from Pots to Toyo's on his CTR & has never looked back.

Well.....thats my 2 pennies worth anyways

tried www.mytyres.co.uk ?
I got my toyo t1-r's from there last week for £92 each delivered, thats 215x35x18 as well so the 17" version should be a good bit cheaper :)

SpaceMonkey said:
The difference between the Toyo's & Yoko's as far as I read is that the Toyo's are a softer compound & aren't quite as good in the wet (Tbh if you drive like a twit in the wet, your asking for trouble imo) & the Toyo's have a harder sidewall.

The Toyos are softer and are slightly better in the wet then Yokos, Yokos have a stiffer sidewall, which means you keep some of the feel you get with the Potenzas, but get better all round grip.

Chief said:
SpaceMonkey said:
The difference between the Toyo's & Yoko's as far as I read is that the Toyo's are a softer compound & aren't quite as good in the wet (Tbh if you drive like a twit in the wet, your asking for trouble imo) & the Toyo's have a harder sidewall.

The Toyos are softer and are slightly better in the wet then Yokos, Yokos have a stiffer sidewall, which means you keep some of the feel you get with the Potenzas, but get better all round grip.

Cheers matey :wink:

Back