• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Question on speed camera detectors.

Rapid 17

Mature Member ™
Am i right in thinking that whichever brand or model you can buy with added laser alert or laser protection, in actual fact they provide no protection at all ? ie if the unit picks up a laser it is already too late because you have been zapped ? Geoff.

Pretty much yeah, but it can also pick up reflections from other cars if they've been lasered so in theory it could save you that way.

Rapid 17 said:
Thanks for the reply. Does the same apply to radar guns ?

As far im a aware radar is only used in a gasto any hand held gun or safety Wank van is lazer :p

I think your pretty much right Geoff.

A lazer detector will alert you, but i think you literally have about 2 secs to slam on the anchors, and hope for the best.

I tested mine against a mobile van, and it never went off :shock: but i did read up that they shouldn't zap you unless they suspect you are speeding, so still not sure if it works 6 months after having mine.

Steve

spikester said:
I think your pretty much right Geoff.

A lazer detector will alert you, but i think you literally have about 2 secs to slam on the anchors, and hope for the best.

I tested mine against a mobile van, and it never went off :shock: but i did read up that they shouldn't zap you unless they suspect you are speeding, so still not sure if it works 6 months after having mine.

Steve

Which brand/model have you got Steve ?

I have a road angel classic and the laser alert def works...I found out the hard way at 108mph on the M6 last Jan :oops:

FreakOnALeash said:
I have a road angel classic and the laser alert def works...I found out the hard way at 108mph on the M6 last Jan :oops:

I have the same and found out it works while speeding too....but it was my mates trying to use the remote for my head unit fromt he back seat.

Was surprised this set the laser alert off! :shock:

At least it works though :lol: They say that you should point various remote controls at it to see if it goes off, not tried it since though :D

yeah the remote for my alpine head unit sets it off too :lol:

Back