• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

questionable LSD

my ATR had a recon box fitted before i took ownership. i'm really questioning if its still got the LSD.
what's the best way to test if it has one?
i have turned the wheels by hand but spun like an open diff?

null_zpsdf58ae48.jpg

thanks bonito. but dont really want to take a shaft out if i can help it...would jacking up the front, have it in gear and stop one wheel. then accelerate and see if the stopped wheel spits out the piece of wood or whatever i use??

Not really. It'll still be zero load, or near as makes no difference.

There is only the Wavetrac LSD, outside of a plated LSD, that would do that on zero load.

Find an empty car park, stop and put it to full left or right lock. Then give it 5k revs and drop the clutch. If you've left two black lines you've got an LSD.

It's either that or start taking things off.

could try the car park i guess :lol:. when driving and i accelerate off a roundabout/corner it does 'grip/turn' harder (almost takes the wheel out my hands if not paying attention). but having NEVER driven a FWD car with a diff i have no idea what i'm looking for :smt017

If I jack up the front of mine and start it in neutral, both wheels spin. I was shown an S2K before that did the same. Then I was shown an S2K with a broken LSD that only spun one side.

Back