• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Quick Fitting Question - Sportex Mid "B" Pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys!

Recently ordered an unsilenced sportex b pipe, wanted to ask a few questions ......

Mine only arrived as the b pipe, no gaskets or bolts ..... do they all arrive like this?? Did people use the ones they already had when fitting or is it advisable to get new ones before hand?

Also the welds around the exhaust seem to get very close, if not overlap the bolt holes ..... anyone else had any issues? Have people had to grind the welds down so that you can get a bolt head in?

Any help appreciated, I just dont want to start changing it and find I have to do things in between like grind welds or go and purchase new gaskets/bolts!

Hi mate ask away, ive had lots of these pipes (dont ask lol). I used the exsisting bolts providing they are in good condition etc. The welds do need grinding down, every single one ive bought has been the same. Fitment wise they are spot on and sound pretty good with the std backbox. The only reason i have had a few is by choice, went through a stage of swapping exhaust's and instead of keeping them i sold them on. Hope that helps :)

Hi mate ask away, ive had lots of these pipes (dont ask lol). I used the exsisting bolts providing they are in good condition etc. The welds do need grinding down, every single one ive bought has been the same. Fitment wise they are spot on and sound pretty good with the std backbox. The only reason i have had a few is by choice, went through a stage of swapping exhaust's and instead of keeping them i sold them on. Hope that helps :)

How are they a perfect fit if you have to grind welds down to get bolt clearance?

There are maybe 50 threads on this...

Mine was perfect fit - no grinding down welds etc.

Just try put it on as it is, you will soon see.

I fitted fresh gaskets

Also gaskets and bolts are cheap bud, you can get pretty much all the bits required to fit the pipe for around a fiver from Honda.

Just use the same as what you have and yes you will need to grind down the weld at the cat end. After that you should be fine. It is good practice to make sure you have fresh gaskets though

There are maybe 50 threads on this...

Well I would use the search bar but it doesnt work for me!

Also gaskets and bolts are cheap bud, you can get pretty much all the bits required to fit the pipe for around a fiver from Honda.

I will probably just pop down Honda then and get myself new gaskets and bolts! Saves the hassle when I snap a bolt etc.

Search bar works for everyone.
No excuses.

Why would i waste my time starting a new thread when i can type a few words in to the search bar to find something? Im not a simpleton. Whenever I type something in the search bar it comes back to the new posts thread.

You need to sort your browser out then bud. Even then I expect you can still browse the intake & exhaust section.

Locked for good measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back