• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

quick Gruppe M question

Ive been offered a Gruppe M but it does'nt have the top rubber lip circled in the picture and doesnt have a heat shield. Does it affect it much without the heat shield and the top rubber lip?

gruppem.jpg

The rubber lip will stop it rattleing on the bonnet or the scuttle. Mine has started to rub away where its touches the bonnet.

Heat sheild, does what it says, not sure how much heat it stops, but if it wasn't needed GM wouldn't supply one TBH.

How much are they asking for the GM, IMO if it was cheap enough the bits missing you could perhaps sort out.

The rubber lip will stop it rattleing on the bonnet or the scuttle. Mine has started to rub away where its touches the bonnet.

Heat sheild, does what it says, not sure how much heat it stops, but if it wasn't needed GM wouldn't supply one TBH.

How much are they asking for the GM, IMO if it was cheap enough the bits missing you could perhaps sort out.

well i dont want it rattleing around lol is there anywhere i could get the rubber lip and heat shield or any kind of DIY i could do? and there asking for £350 plus it doesnt come with a moded scuttle pannel, just the satndard Gruppe M one.

IMO £350 is too much without a HS and the rubber lip thing.

The rubber lip you will have to fabricate yourself as I dont think there is anything on the market you can use as a staright replacement. Maybe a bit of the rubber tape stuff will do it.

HS looks easy to do if you know what you are doing I would have though.

But it depends how much you want it, I waited ages and in the end got a new one for £350. They come up every now and then.

If it was me I would maybe wait until after Christmas when everyone realises how much they have spent, need some reddies and start selling stuff on CTRO ;) .

IMO £350 is too much without a HS and the rubber lip thing.

The rubber lip you will have to fabricate yourself as I dont think there is anything on the market you can use as a staright replacement. Maybe a bit of the rubber tape stuff will do it.

HS looks easy to do if you know what you are doing I would have though.

But it depends how much you want it, I waited ages and in the end got a new one for £350. They come up every now and then.

If it was me I would maybe wait until after Christmas when everyone realises how much they have spent, need some reddies and start selling stuff on CTRO ;) .

this is a picture sent through to my phone...
Gruppemfrmadam.jpg

yeah id rather a good conditioned one rather than getting one just for the sake off, ill make an offer of around £300 and see what he says.

Ahh, yeah......thats near enough where mine is rubbing on the strip, but not as bad as that, interesting placement of breather hose too.

You may find that depending how it fits in your bay, the strip my rub in a different place like mine and you will be fine.

As you said make him a offer and see what he say's, although my money is on him saying no, as these always manage to sell quick and for the money being asked for them.

That GruppeM looks a bit battered, bit pricey imho.

You can get the rubber seal here, http://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/bbCMS/shopping.asp?intDepartmentId=3
It's the Rubber U Channel section, think I used the U46 for mine.

I got one for the GruppeM on the FD2 as they don't come with them any more and would quite easily damage the corners of the intake. Just glue it down with some superglue.

cheers for that.
whats your opinion about the heat shield? isit realy needed?
i agree with it being a little pricey for what state its in.

cheers for that.
whats your opinion about the heat shield? isit realy needed?
i agree with it being a little pricey for what state its in.

Tbh GruppeM would have provided it for a reason so I would say yes it is needed but then again it would function without it but I wouldn't pay anywhere near for the one in the pic £350

There's a guy selling heatshields on the CTRO forum for £35, i'm not sure if fits the gruppem though, you will have to ask him. http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5811&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=heatshield

Back