• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Quick K100 question

I am sure I read somewhere the if you have the K100 and remap done to your car, it means when the car is standing at idle, you can only rev the car to a certain limit. Is this true and what is the limit?

The reason I ask is I do track days in my EP3 and for noise tests I need to be able to rev the car to around 5k revs. If this is the case, whats the work around?

Yeah most mappers activate launch control at around 3,900/4000rpm just ask them to raise it to 5K

I thought most stationary decibel tests were done at 4K though?

Most decibel tests are done at 3/4 of your rev limit.

I explain the launch control/stationary limiter to the testers when I line up, and I've been told to rev it to what I can. Which usually means revving it to the stationary limiter and backing off slightly so you aren't doing the Honda boy thing of bouncing off the limiter and getting laughed at. :lol:

You don't want to be raising the stationary limit really, if nothing else it's to stop you going into VTEC while stationary with no load on the engine.

Yeah most mappers activate launch control at around 3,900/4000rpm just ask them to raise it to 5K

I thought most stationary decibel tests were done at 4K though?

I didn't think the K100 had launch control though. I thought it was just the KPro that had launch control.

K100 can do everything kpro can do except data log. I had launch control on my first ep3 with k100. Waste of time :lol:

Back