• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

quick kpro question

finally got round to parting with cash for a kpro ecu. just got a quick question... the guy i bought it off had it dyno tuned for a gruppe m air filter only. the only mod i have it an apexi induction kit. i know the induction kits are different, but as they are basically the same mod, will it be ok to run this map?
cheers for the help, richard

Its not that hard to download a new map to suit yours either IIRC.

:)

the map shouldn't be too far off, but since the GruppeM flows more air in you might running a bit rich. safe but bad fuel economy.

cheers for the replies guys, dont know whether to run the existing map or the rsx cold air map, obviously converted. :confused:
which one do you think would give better gains?

Hard to say like that, only a test on a dyno will tell you that. But I'd say the gruppeM, if it was properly tuned. the rsx cold air map ignition timing/fuelling is quite off the mark to an ep3 with induction tbh.

well ive converted the rsx cold air map aswel so ill decide what one to use when the ecu arrives, also, when i plug the ecu in...will the blokes map that he had still be on the ecu?wasnt quite sure if this.(hope so:D :twisted: )
had to faf about abit to convert the rsx map. loaded it in note pad, but i couldnt save it.even when i tried all files save. had to save it as a .doc file, retrieve it from documents, rename the file type to .kal,:mad: then a nice kmanager icon came beside it, then put it back in the calibrations folder. u reckon this map will be ok from the way i had to go about saving it?
cheers for the help people!!

with the kpro ecu, when its disconneced, does it erase the map thats stored on there and revert it back to the factory map?

with the kpro ecu, when its disconneced, does it erase the map thats stored on there and revert it back to the factory map?

no. the kpro keeps the map in the rom. Unless it get corrupted, you should be able to reuse the map.

excellent!!! lookin foreward to it.
the dumb postman didnt even drop the ecu off, he put a letter through the post saying i wasnt in, when my brother opened the door and asked him where the fcuk is the ecu, im OBVIOUSLY in, all he could say is... at the depot. what a c0~k.they close at mid-day so i gotta wait till tomorow. they done exactly the same with my hids.anyways...destress...lol :evil:

fitted kpro...what a difference. the torque climb is much better. im using the rsx cold air converted map. the only thing is, the vtec doesnt seem to change over at 4300rpm, theres a sudden power surge around 5800ish, but its not like before, it 'slides in as someone said' rather than the slight kick and then pulls right up to 8600!!!
icon_twisted.gif

bit confused about the lowered vtec point...does it take a while for the map to properly set in?
had a bit of a problem when i plugged the ecu in, it didnt seem like the map that the previous owner had was there, nothing would work...at all..no starting either. so i then tried the civic type r tuned map, (just to make sure i could load a map and start),everything seemed ok, so i then put the rsx coldair map on, works but wondering about the lowered vtec change over???:confused:
cheers for the help guys
thumb.gif

You really need to get it properly mapped by a professional soonest mate.

yeah im planning on getting it tuned after i get my rbc and dc manifold.
got any of these parts or know of anyone looking to sellup, give us a shout please!!! money waiting

Crossover should be found on a dyno. Having it too low on a near standard car will actually lose power. You'll get a noise change at the crossover but probably a dip on the torque. Then as you reach the Rev range that the high cam makes more power you'll notice it pulling.

I'd stick it back around standardish to be honest, maybe 5.5k but not much lower. Once you change the manifold is when you get better benefits from the lower crossover feature

exactly what i wanted to know, cheers for that mate. should be getting a manifold hopefully soon, probably the tdi north one, so ill put that on, sit back and grin :twisted:

thats the one mate, looks nice, hoping there might be a group buy or something, everyone loves a bit of discount now and again!!!!! :lol:

Back