• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

quick OEM brake question?

They were silver with embossed Type R logos. (unpainted)

They didnt come painted.

I painted mine, red with white.

Before...

SV400286.jpg

After...

SV400306.jpg

Come and do mine! I've had the gear to tackle mine for a month or more. But I dont have access to a ramp, which makes the job so much more of a ballache. Get each corner up, scrub them down and mask them off, then go round again and do the painting.
The paint goes funky after 4 hours, so its not like you can get one up, scrub it down, and get the 2 coats on before it goes off.
How did you do yours?

Come and do mine! I've had the gear to tackle mine for a month or more. But I dont have access to a ramp, which makes the job so much more of a ballache. Get each corner up, scrub them down and mask them off, then go round again and do the painting.
The paint goes funky after 4 hours, so its not like you can get one up, scrub it down, and get the 2 coats on before it goes off.
How did you do yours?

Ramp won't help you anyway, you wouldn't be able to take the wheels off! :lol:

I just did mine with hammerite, once corner at a time, trolley jack & axle stand.

How did you do yours?

Waited for a summers day, jacked the car up, put it on some axle stands, removed the wheels and got painting :) .

I did give them a good clean though with some brake cleaner, then just took my time. You only get one chance to do this so dont rush.

I gave them two coats just to give them the best coverage.

Then while they were drying I took the wheels away and gave them a good clean.

As it started to cool down in the evening I put the wheels back on and let the car stand for the rest of the night.

Next day, looked like this....

Cleaner2.jpg

Cleaner3.jpg

How did you do yours?

cheers for the replies guys. my normal ones i did with trolley jack under the front; both wheels off at once. The cars too low for ramps :lol:

didnt realise they were unpainted, you learn somthing new everyday, Suits yours looked awesome.

Ramp won't help you anyway, you wouldn't be able to take the wheels off! :lol:

Lol, FAIL. I didnt explain that so well did I! Honda have a ramp thing that lifts the car up by the jack points, so the wheels hang free...not sure if there is a technical term for these, but thats what I meant!:lol:

I used red hammerite too and got some type r calliper vinyls off eBay because mines not a prem

Back