• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Quick question for all you ICE experts from a confused newbie

Hi ladies and gents

I am currently trying to fit an Alpine iDA-X311RR headunit (see link) into my CTR, I followed the removal guide on here which was excellent and a massive help by the way.

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-alpine-ida-x311rr_p-25859.htm

The Alpine cage is in and its now just a case of connecting up the wiring, I've got the correct aerial adaptor and the universal harness to connect up to the Honda loom, it all connects up but there is no power to the headunit. I know the harness I have bought is ok as i've connected it up to an old Kenwood unit I had lying around and that works perfectly.

Have a bought a knackered Alpine unit? or do i need a different harness?
At the moment the Alpine harness connects to the universal harness which connect to the honda wiring, could this be the problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Cheers

Chances are the power connectors (there are two of them) need swapping over. There's one to provide power when you turn the ignition, then another when you start the engine. If you are unsure about what you are doing though I'd recommend slinging an audio shop £20 and getting them to do it.

Make sure the red and yellow wires are connected (not together mind). Sounds silly, but have heard of this problem before. I had a similar problem to you and a fuse had blown in the car so I would also check that too.

Thats great, Cheers fellas.

I'll check the fuses, if thats not the problem I'll bob to my local installer tomorrow and get the professionals to sort it out, I've probably spent more trying to do it myself on the cheap than it would cost to get it done properly.

Thanks for the quick replys

Back