• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Quick question regarding FN2 please

Hello All

I currently drive an EP3 which I absolutely love (owned from new and can't imagine selling it!) and now need a second car.
Was thinking of an FN2 although if my funds don't allow, will happily go for a second ep3 :)

I have searched and read the buying guide for the FN2 etc but have a quick question which I hope current owners can assist with if you don't mind.

I have looked at a facelifted model today and noticed that there appeared to be a "ridge" along the paint where the windscreen rubber stopped, (ie where it met the paint) and was wondering if that is
normal? (ie the profile of the roof has a ridge built in) or if it indicates that the rubber has been digging in as per the original problem?

From research, I believe that the profile of the rubber was re-designed for the facelifted model to help alleviate the issue which is why I was trying to stretch to that model.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, I'm doing my wife's head in trying to make a decision :)

thanks in advance

No there shouldn't be a ridge. The rubber was revised in 08/09.

Could be that the roof has been resprayed at some point, poorly at that. It is also entirely possible if the windscreen has been replaced that an old style rubber has been put in by the windscreen fitter so the issue exists on a newer car.

Thanks Loxy
I didn't notice any overspray or anything so ruled out a spray job, but the ridge was definitely there when you lifted the rubber up, not massive but enough to catch your finger nail on if you know what I mean.
I think I'll rule that one out.
Thanks again

Back