• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Quick question.....

Having a Nat moment!! :freak:

I am just sorting out my car insurance and I have three points for speeding.

Is it SP30? I am sure my insurance at the mo is a different code? :?

I cannot find my paper part of my licence or my insurance certificate :oops:

Having a Nat moment!! :freak:

I am just sorting out my car insurance and I have three points for speeding.

Is it SP30? I am sure my insurance at the mo is a different code? :?

I cannot find my paper part of my licence or my insurance certificate :oops:
You really need to find the other part of your license to check but i think an SP30 is for speeding a 30 limit (never having been cought speeding i may be wrong :p), is that where you were done?

If it's three points then more then likely SP30.

You really need to find the other part of your license to check but i think an SP30 is for speeding a 30 limit (never having been cought speeding i may be wrong ), is that where you were done?

SP30 is speeding on a public road. SP50 is speeding on a motorway. I should know - I have both. :oops:

I am sure it is a different code but on confused.com from the quotes I got last year SP30 was in there so that's what I must of put down?? :freak:

I am sure it is a different code but on confused.com from the quotes I got last year SP30 was in there so that's what I must of put down?? :freak:

More then likely yes then! :lol:

But I am convinced it's different!

I have a years worth of paper work in a pile on the side which I really can't be arsed going through......!

I have a drawer full of crap. As long as it's not on show I consider it to be tidy! :lol:

How fast were you going?

Do you think it would matter if it was the wrong code insurance wise if I had to claim etc?

Do you think it would matter if it was the wrong code insurance wise if I had to claim etc?

Yes, if you had to claim and they check your docs they can technically refuse to pay out.

Yes, they will look for any excuse not to pay out - do not give them that opportunity... I would say you have either an SP30 or an SP60 for the A14.

Yes, they will look for any excuse not to pay out - do not give them that opportunity... I would say you have either an SP30 or an SP60 for the A14.

Best get looking for my licence then.... groan.....

Speeding codes:

SP10 Exceeding goods vehicle speed limit
SP20 Exceeding speed limit for type of vehicle (excluding goods or passenger vehicles)
SP30 Exceeding statutory speed limit on public road
SP40 Exceeding passenger vehicle speed limit
SP50 Exceeding motorway speed limit
SP60 Undefined speed limit offence.

Speeding codes:

SP10 Exceeding goods vehicle speed limit
SP20 Exceeding speed limit for type of vehicle (excluding goods or passenger vehicles)
SP30 Exceeding statutory speed limit on public road
SP40 Exceeding passenger vehicle speed limit
SP50 Exceeding motorway speed limit
SP60 Undefined speed limit offence.

Yeah that's the choice you get. Which one though as surely it could be one of three of them? SP30, SP20 or SP60?

Or does the number represent the limit on whatever road you were on? (probably a really stupid thing to ask!)

Yeah that's the choice you get. Which one though as surely it could be one of three of them? SP30, SP20 or SP60?

Or does the number represent the limit on whatever road you were on? (probably a really stupid thing to ask!)

Yes a stupid thing. :lol:

Won't be SP20 as that is for HGV etc.

Back