• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Quiet ep3 exhausts

Hi all..
I have an ep3 with a skunk2 exhaust system.. it has the silencer bung but i still find it a little loud..
What quiter exhaust systems would you recommend
Thanks

Anything that is JASMA certified, so RM01A, Kakimoto Regu, Twin Loop etc. Or a Spoon B pipe and OEM back box.

The Toda system is quiet too.

Also please see below:

All readings were taken at 5500rpm with calibrated meter 45' to exhaust outlet and 0.5meters away.

Manifold, B-pipe, Backbox, level (db)

Std, Std, Std, 93
Std, Std, Spoon, 102
Spoon 421, Spoon, Std 94
Toda, Spoon, Spoon, 106
Std, Spoon, Spoon, 104
Jr , TG, TG, 109
Std, TG, TG-Ti. 96
Std, Cobra us, Cobra, 109
DC, Spoon, Spoon, 108
JR, Eurosport, Eurosport, 105, Spercharger & Cams
Std, Mugen, Mugen, 89
Toda, Toda, Toda, 94

Have a read of this for more info:

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?21562-Exhaust-guide

Have a HKS catback, which I love and is great to live with, not too loud at all. Scorpion I had was louder.
Hope this helps.

isn't a bung defeating the object of an aftermarket exhaust. i can see the reason for track use with decibel limits but not for everyday use.

isn't a bung defeating the object of an aftermarket exhaust. i can see the reason for track use with decibel limits but not for everyday use.
spike, don't really look at the HKS as aftermarket, as aftermark to me, sometimes says cheaper, inferior, maybe not so good parts. I say sometimes and maybe!. The HKS is of very good quality, in my opinion. The thing is and don't get me wrong, I'd love to drive around all the time with the bung out.
I do however have to think about my neighbours and respect their peace and quiet etc etc.
It's good to have the option I guess to leave the bung in or take it out. Also I'm 50 yrs old, so just a lot nicer to live with on an everyday basis.
The scorpion I had on for a very short time was very bassy, and did drone a fair bit on longer journeys.

spike, don't really look at the HKS as aftermarket, as aftermark to me, sometimes says cheaper, inferior, maybe not so good parts. I say sometimes and maybe!. The HKS is of very good quality, in my opinion. The thing is and don't get me wrong, I'd love to drive around all the time with the bung out.
I do however have to think about my neighbours and respect their peace and quiet etc etc.
It's good to have the option I guess to leave the bung in or take it out. Also I'm 50 yrs old, so just a lot nicer to live with on an everyday basis.
The scorpion I had on for a very short time was very bassy, and did drone a fair bit on longer journeys.

No i certainly didn't mean cheap or poor made parts. Sorry if it came across that way.

I just meant if the system is to loud for your requirements then get a quieter system or have a silencer box fitted into the system.
Also Wouldn't a bung be restrictive? i don't no but would have thought so

I can see your point though about having the choice :)

No i certainly didn't mean cheap or poor made parts. Sorry if it came across that way.

I just meant if the system is to loud for your requirements then get a quieter system or have a silencer box fitted into the system.
Also Wouldn't a bung be restrictive? i don't no but would have thought so

I can see your point though about having the choice :)

Spike, probably me taking it the wrong way!!, no worries at all.
Tbh, don't know of many systems that would be any quieter than this one. It really is nice and quiet, despite the cannon style rear box, which btw I'm still not a great lover of.
I do like the exhaust don't get me wrong, totally happy with it. Got it for a great price and couldn't turn it down.
If people like that style of end can/tailpipe, the I would and can highly recommend.

And as mentioned before, can always take the bung out if you want a bit more noise.

As Hamza said, Fujitsubo Legalis R, fab exhaust, sporty, but not too loud, OEM look and the quality is pure sex :lol:.

As Hamza said, Fujitsubo Legalis R, fab exhaust, sporty, but not too loud, OEM look and the quality is pure sex :lol:.

RM01A is another shout. Similar in sound, but has a single exit instead of the OEM dual tip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back