• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Quiet please ........

I have an EP3 which has a rotten join between the back box and B pipe and is starting to blow. I like to do lots of track days at Bedford and I'm sure everybody is aware of how strict on noise they are.Could anybody give me an idea of which aftermarket system is as quiet as an oem but might give me a bit more power ?

You could keep the back box and use a Supersprint or Spoon B pipe which will be less restrictive than the standard system but still not be too loud.

Mugen Twinloop. I register about 92 db with Twin loop and DC Sports Manifold.

Mugen Twinloop. I register about 92 db with Twin loop and DC Sports Manifold.

Blimey you really are a Honda nut ! I am sure that every forum I have visited in the last 2 months since I have had my car your a high post count member.

Is that static or drive by ? The problem at bedford is not the static just the drive by which I think is 87.5db

I had a Fujitsubo RM01A on my EP3 with a TODA race header and that was awesome, super quite almost OEM when on idle and under 6000rpm, then once it's hot and at 8000rpm its makes a wonderful sound.

Blimey you really are a Honda nut ! I am sure that every forum I have visited in the last 2 months since I have had my car your a high post count member.

Is that static or drive by ? The problem at bedford is not the static just the drive by which I think is 87.5db

Not really, only here and HOT :)

That is a static reading, never been pulled in for being over on driveby.

Didnt release you were from Stansted :cool:

I had a Fujitsubo RM01A on my EP3 with a TODA race header and that was awesome, super quite almost OEM when on idle and under 6000rpm, then once it's hot and at 8000rpm its makes a wonderful sound.

Its the 6000-8000 bit that worries me. I only use the car to, from and on track so its not living with the noise day to day that bothers me just the db meters.

Not really, only here and HOT :)

That is a static reading, never been pulled in for being over on driveby.

Didnt release you were from Stansted :cool:

When you say you have never been pulled for noise do you mean Bedford or just a trackday in general ?

Didnt notice your location either ! I do try and keep my eye on the events section and stuff but if there is any events/trackdays local worth going to be sure to let me know :)

Its the 6000-8000 bit that worries me. I only use the car to, from and on track so its not living with the noise day to day that bothers me just the db meters.

I'm pretty sure the RM01A is quieter than the Mugen Twin Loop at full chat :) .

When you say you have never been pulled for noise do you mean Bedford or just a trackday in general ?

Didnt notice your location either ! I do try and keep my eye on the events section and stuff but if there is any events/trackdays local worth going to be sure to let me know :)

Trackdays in general.

Snetterton is pretty much the closest which weve been to already this year. We are at Brands in August and December though :cool:

Trackdays in general.

Snetterton is pretty much the closest which weve been to already this year. We are at Brands in August and December though :cool:

As it happnens I have just booked an evening session at Snetterton on the 15th of august. Only £69 !

Last edited by a moderator:
Back