• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Quote for 25K service

Just been quoted £284 for 25,000mile service or around £250 if I use my own oil. Is this reasonable? (for North London)

Not your area but mine was £249 excluding air filter at Blackpool Honda a fortnight ago.

When I went to pay they only charged me £184 in the end so I was quite pleased and they did a good job too. Don't suppose it was anything to do with the fact that Honda had deciced to do a questionairre on my service though :idea: Blackpool Honda keeping me sweet and all that.

seems a bit steap, i pretty sure rossy t gone one done a lot cheaper than that.

What are they going to do?

Tell them not to wash it, change washer fluid, windscreen wipers, brake discs, brake fluid.

I'm assuming you really just want someone to say that the car is OK and stamp the book.

Not bad for around these parts providing the car has done that sort of mileage.
Have you phoned a couple of dealers for quotes?

thanks.....do they change brakes AND discs on a 25K service ??? Is this included in the price for service for £280 ???

SR-71 said:
thanks.....do they change brakes AND discs on a 25K service ??? Is this included in the price for service for £280 ???

Its not included no.

My car had its first service today......mother phoned me up saying the damage is £142.....ah not too bad!!!! :? :lol:

Carly said:
My car had its first service today......mother phoned me up saying the damage is £142.....ah not too bad!!!! :? :lol:

Mine was about the same...£136 in Cardiff....methinks we will have to double it when it gets to 2 years though. :evil:

Tell them not to wash it, change washer fluid, windscreen wipers, brake discs, brake fluid.

Lets not confuse him please.

Washes are usually free, washer fluid is topped up, wiper condition is checked, replacements are additional cost, brake discs should not need replacing and is not part of the service - they are check for wear only, brake pads are checked for wear and replaced as an additional cost, brake fluid is due for change when the car is 3 years old.

My wiper blades went into the 25k service damaged - they come out exactly the same. :roll:

£323.00 @ Lindhill Colchester. :evil:

Oh, I will be getting serviced somewhere else next time. 8)

Scouse, thats why when some of us quote for a service we make an allowance for small things like that, then there are no arguments.
We either spend up to the max or we say to the customer that we were able to make it a bit cheaper - that way everyone is happy.

Dave S said:
Scouse, thats why when some of us quote for a service we make an allowance for small things like that, then there are no arguments.
We either spend up to the max or we say to the customer that we were able to make it a bit cheaper - that way everyone is happy.

I appreciate that Dave - but £323.00 is more than any other price I have seen on any Honda forum. :shock:

Maybe I look Rich!!! :lol:

£254 all in. No extra work needed. One thing for those who don't normally, always get a quote first and insist that no extra work is carried out until you say so.

Dave S said:

Lets not confuse him please.

, washer fluid is topped up,

they charged me £1.99 for this.... :roll:

yowserctr said:
Carly said:

Mine was about the same...£136 in Cardiff....methinks we will have to double it when it gets to 2 years though. :evil:

It doubles when it gets to 2 years old :?: :cry: Ah might have a new car by then so who knows!!!!

Just been quoted £195 including VAT for 25k service, booked in for the morning :wink:

Simoted said:
Just been quoted £195 including VAT for 25k service, booked in for the morning :wink:

Bloody hell!!! :shock:

I could have driven to Tyne and Wear - had the service and driven back and still had change from the £323.00 I was charged. :evil:

Scousefella said:
Simoted said:

I could have driven to Tyne and Wear - had the service and driven back and still had change from the £323.00 I was charged. :evil:

someones been had :roll: :shock:

Scousefella said:
Simoted said:

What else was done - surely not just the basic service? Pads/disks anything like that?

Back