• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

R - 00001

Cheers dude, thought that was the case. I think mine is R-16900 odd and it's a 52 plate, so they must've been very busy over the course of a year, something like 40+ cars a day every day :lol:
52 plate means the car was registered between september 2002 and april 2003, so if yours is 16900 out of 36590 then it looks like it matches.
BTW, just settled that mine was produced on August 31st 2001.

AF1; Hello mate, i got your message, sorry for the delay in replying.

As others have said regarding the plate , they can be easily be changed around from car to car, especially if someone is breaking, or selling spare parts etc, so in that respect it could not guarantee that it's the first R.

The chassis number is what you need clarifying of course.

I only work on the production line, and as much as we all like to keep things in order, due to line side repairs, production delays, faults with cars etc, they dont always come off the line in order.

The only thing i can suggest is to phone HUM in Swindon [i know you have been emailing, but that wont work] and try and get answers that way.
The main switchboard number is 01793 831183 and simply ask if you could speak with a production or purchasing manager.
I cant promise that you will get an answer, i will ask around and see if i can find a way to get that vital information.

Im off for a week now, so be patient. Good luck with the call.

So I have received the respond from Honda saying that it is impossible for them to match VIN with the number on a plate but it is possible that 00001 is authentic because the cars dont come off the line in a perfect order. So despite that according to VIN it is 49th it still could the first one to be produced and to be numbered 00001.
Not really sure what to think about it.
I purchased the car to build a trackcar but now I'm torn. Keep it, sell it or start building?
What you think Guys???

I thought you would have been able to get a definite answer from Honda, providing it's fully HPI clear so you can rule out any unfair play I think you could assume it is genuine. Personally I would keep it and concentrate on keeping it mint using OEM parts. You really will have a part of history there it should hold a bit of value too especially when the new turbo variants arrive.

I definitely would not turn it into a track car. If you are desperately wanting a track car sell it to someone who will appreciate it and keep good care of it and find another to strip and abuse on track :lol:.

keeping the car will be difficult as I already have S2K, Clio 172 and two daily drivers in the garage...

Too much choice lol, I hate French cars so personally I would get rid of the Clio 172 and other Frenchie's if you own anymore lol and keep the Civic :lol:.

In that respect though maybe I would consider selling it to someone who knows about them and will look after it, such as, another forum member. Then get another that you can turn into your track weapon. There maybe people interested on this site, if I had spare funds I would have it off you but bank says NO!

Back