• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

race headers?

i recently started modding my EP3 and so far i have fitted BC racing coilovers, an HKS hi-power cat-back and SPC camber arms

now seeing as i have been working hard and today was payday i am wanting a race header! 4-2-1 decat

the one that has been tickling my fancy is the Buddyclub race header, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this manifold and what their opinions are of it, will i need to upgrade the engine mounts to stop it knocking on the bulkhead? will it be a straight fit onto my exsisting centre section?

any help is greatly appreciated, Callum

Get the buddyclub. It directly replaces the cat and should fit no problem with the HKS.

2BC4DF4C-3BCB-4AFD-A4CA-BCBC4EF2BC92-143-0000000B067DF16B.jpg

having the decat will put the engine management light on yeah? are those sleeve adapter bits for the lambda an effective solution until i get to the oint where i will be looking at a k100? dont really want to have to pay out to get it mapped everytime i add a modification so was gonna wait until i had an RBC intake on too

Buy all the bits, get them fitted and mapped at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is worth doing. I wouldn't mess about putting a header on without engine management. You'll lose power if anything.

It'll burn fuel like a bitch with no management. Doesn't always throw an EML but not great for the engine. The compression ratio in the top end will have too much fuel and if you're not using high Ron or octane booster and you get detonation at those RPM's you can kiss your engine bye bye.

haha i get the point then, emailed TDI North for a quotation and gonna get it booked in for a k100 and map after the new year some time to go with the header

After a bit of research i have read something about the buddyclub raceheader fouls on the front anti-roll bar unless you upgrade it to a JDM one, can anyone shed anymore light on this?

After a bit of research i have read something about the buddyclub raceheader fouls on the front anti-roll bar unless you upgrade it to a JDM one, can anyone shed anymore light on this?

This is true, however I think that most headers wont fit without a JDM or other aftermarket ARB

I run KidRacing 4-2-2-1 header (better value for money than buddy club) with Gruppe M and Hks 409 hi power and never had a single problem and I'm not losing power at all, would get more with remap, using higher octane to minimise any type of detonation if any.

I run KidRacing 4-2-2-1 header (better value for money than buddy club) with Gruppe M and Hks 409 hi power and never had a single problem and I'm not losing power at all, would get more with remap, using higher octane to minimise any type of detonation if any.

I've got a PLM/Kidd racing header in the loft right now - Did you find the slip joints needed sealing or welding to avoid blowing?

Hi pulp, agree with you mate it does blow abit because when you put foot down it stretches the system up ,even with engine mount inserts fitted!!!! Then over time I always snap the same bolt up so always have spare ones!!!
But oh my... This header is the dogs ****** the throttle is so responsive, it blows my mind at full throttle everytime and UNTUNED.So far no cracks and does not come apart from the rest of collector pipes.Hopefully will sort those little issues very soon when I fit a 3 inch B pipe for my supercharger project and I will let you how to make it work properly. These headers don't get praised enough when compared to the competitors out there, IMO this header mugs any high performance popular brands on the market today!!!Hope this helps mate.

I have solid billet engine mounts and gear box mounts, so that should help. I'm also thinking of smearing the joints with high-temp silicone sealant just in case.

Even with solid mounts and silicone high temperature it will still give way and then will leak gases which will make you loose pressure and heat. I think the solution is to weld two simetrical supports to it, get forged bolts and nuts for extra strength an
d support.Then wrap it up with good exhaust wrap and finally have my b pipe lengthened by a few inches and hopefully that will cure that problem.

Back