• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Radiator

Hi everyone , I was driving home from work today and a stone punctured my radiator and lost all my coolant I only relised in the petrol station as the car was smoking heavily from under the bonnet,
and didnt notice no rise in temperature on the guage , how likely is it i could have damaged the engine? I opened the oil cap and it had a white haze in the underneath :| would this be to do with the radiator being punctured, I checked the water this morn and it was full so this has only happened on the way home from work about 5 mins to the petrol station. does anyone know how to change the radiator like is there a how to guide? Ive looked on here but cant see anything..

Any help greatly appreciated

If there is a white sludge type substance under the oil cap then it's likely that coolant is mixing with the oil which could mean knackered head gasket.

little update , got the bumper off and radiator off , how much coolant do i put back in the system ? and which antifreeze should I use ?

Cheers Dave

didnt notice no rise in temperature on the guage ,

The temperature sensor won't work if there's no coolant to sense. ;)

little update , got the bumper off and radiator off , how much coolant do i put back in the system ? and which antifreeze should I use ?

Cheers Dave

Fluid volumes are in the owners handbook and it should tell you what type of coolant to use.... it's one of Honda's own RFU ones iirc....

Back