• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Radical new tyre design

Lottie

The Duchess
Really weird just pinched this off another forum im on, not sure how true it is:

Radical new tire design by Michelin. The next generation of tires.
They had a pair at the Philadelphia car show.

These tires are airless and are scheduled to be out on the market very soon.
The bad news for law enforcement is that spike strips will not work on these tires.

This is what great R&D will do, and just think of the impact on existing technology:

a... no more air valves
a... no more air compressors at gas stations
a... no more repair kits SCAN DOWN & SEE.
These are actual pictures taken in the South Carolina plant of Michelin.

tyre5.jpg

tyre4.jpg

tyre3.jpg

tyre2.jpg

tyre1.jpg

Those will be great, until you drive through some gravel then shot blast the side of your car as it scopes it up. I guess the real model will have side walls.

Sure they will come with sidewalls - but they could save a fair bit if they can make them stiff & grippy enough to use on performance cars 8)

Welsh-Rich said:
Sure they will come with sidewalls - but they could save a fair bit if they can make them stiff & grippy enough to use on performance cars 8)

Would it be a case of just altering the stiffness of the rubber blades

Friendy said:
Welsh-Rich said:

Would it be a case of just altering the stiffness of the rubber blades

I'd have thought so....wou;dn't have thought it would be too difficult either.

Although I'm useless when it comes to tyres :lol:

Back