• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Radio interference

Can anybody help?

Ive got a 6000k hid xenon kit On my ep3 and when i turn the headlights on i start to get interference with my radio signal. When i turn them Back off the radio works Perfectly again. Anyone had this issue with theirs n know whats the cause and no how to fix the Problem? Thanks

I like them though so i wanna keep em on, why would turning them on cause radio interference?

I dont know, i bought the car today and it had them on so dnt no weather its a cheap kit or not, the beams excellent on themit doesnt look cheap. i dont get how it would effect the signal of all things though :/? Any ideas?

The reason why they're intefering with the radio is that they aren't properly installed or it's a kit without the correct shielding etc. I had a set in an EP3 of mine and they were pretty poor, always flickering and causing issues. Then again I had a hids4u kit in my DC2 and they were flawless. Both were installed by previous owners so I'm unsure about the exactly makes etc but cheap kit, especially something dealing with high power like HIDs should be avoided.

How can i rectify this problem and keep the HID's? I just checked the receipt and there hids4u aswell. Would a garage be able to sort the problem?

You'd have to find an auto electrician if have thought if you want a garage to look at it.

Back