• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rain X - Anti Fog

Considering we are starting to get cold weather the CTR is fogging up again:mad:

So after looking in halfords last week I noticed
096_716..jpg

Before I make a purchase has anyone used this:confused: and is it any good:confused:

Thanks

It's OK.. I wouldn't buy it again though. It helped but didn't cure it 100%

Save up and get A/C ;)

Already have AC but never have it turned on and think the gases need replacing TBH.

But just thought as rain X itself is such a great product:) there anti fog might be aswell :(

regas your A/C mate, will be much better than rain-X antifog!

PS... yea, rainX is awesome stuff!

If you've never used your A/C then the all the pipe seals have probably perished and split so a re-gas probably wouldn't work anyway.

I got some of this as the weekend, i think its crap because i couldnt get the window to look completely clear. Always looked like it had something on the glass.. But i could just be doing something wrong!

Aye, if you don't give them a good clean first it just kinda mixes with all the crud and makes a permanent slight misty effect. I use solvent wipes on my screen but there's some good off the shelf glass cleaning products around.

If you've never used your A/C then the all the pipe seals have probably perished and split so a re-gas probably wouldn't work anyway.

You can get companies that check for AC leaks while they regas. RainX Anti Fog is good with two or three applications as this is what I use. Ive never had a problem! Just make sure you use a new clean microfibre cloth otherwise it goes greasy.

I not long ago put some of this on my screen, its ok to a point. Keeps the screen clear for ages the all of a sudden the whole thing mists up like youve just put a hot kettel under it!!
Think I may need to compleatly clean off the screen and try again as id does look a bit greasy to.

use the old wives trick - water vinegar solution in a spray bottle. Cuts through everything!

Back