• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ram air ducting to stock air box on fn2

This is how i done my custom ram air feed i was going to buy a tegiwa ram air pipe for my car which cost £170 but this cost me around £40.hope you like.

you will need 1m of 83mm 2ply ducting, a ducting flout to fit your ducting and 2 jubilee clips.

1.Remove the front bumper.
epy6yjaz.jpg

2.Remove the battery and the battery tray which the battery sits on. you will see 2 bolts take them out and wiggle the tray out.If it will not come out there is another 2 at the side of the tray which will need slackening as the tray slides into these.
use9ebu2.jpg

3. Remove the horn this is where your ducting will go through once fitted i put it back on the chassie where a bolt comes through just unscrew the bolt and add this back on.
hu7ytyhu.jpg

rejyjaqa.jpg

4. start to dissconnect all of the stock air intake this was a bit nippy for me but be patcient and you will be fine.There is a bolt holding resonator box in place(i missed this and wondered why it wasn't budging after a lot of pulling and wiggling)

5.you will need to CUT of a small section of the conector of the resonator box which will conect your air ducting to the pipe to the bend which mugen and tegiwa conect to. i got this image from google
uvyna6y5.jpg

6.once you have done that feed the ducting through and into the hole where the horn used to be and conect the flute(this will hold your ducting in place).Then its a case of putting everything back together again.
Here are the photos when i did mine i hope this helps as this is my first time writing anything like this and please feel free to ask me any questions if you get stuck.cheers

e9aqa5ev.jpg
4y8adyqe.jpg
erumura9.jpg
je8y4aba.jpg
e6anysaq.jpg
a7ehybup.jpg
sa2a7e7y.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

yeh a no a never thought of that! a might still pop down and get one done out of interest.I def noticed a difference on throatle responce and does seem to pull prity hard all the way to the limiter.oh i have a k&n panel filtter aswell.

not yet mate i was meant to but ran out of time.al probaly do it through the holidays and put a couple of pics up and possibly a dyno chart.

a removed everything mate all thats left is the pipe which mugen and tegiwa conect to.the ducting comes through where the resonator box usualy sits.

cheers mate if you need any advice or help just ask me and I'll do my best to help

Back