• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Random bonging noise

Driving home from work today, the car just randomly started 'bonging' at me, the best way to describe it was like a garmin sat nav speed camera warning bong, but I didn't have the sat nav on and have driven the same route home for a long time without incident. No warning messages came up in the dash either, very strange as the car felt absolutely fine - anyone else had anything similar?

Seatbelt warning or boot/door/bonnet open?

Speed warning indicator, i.e. you set it to 40 and were over that?

Was it on the map display? If so it could have picked up traffic in the area even if no route planned

The lane departure warning does this at 40mph or more but that should show a yellow wheel on the display.

I've been out and double checked all the doors and boot, all shut up tight, there were no lights or warnings on any of the screens that I could see at the time so maybe it was the sat nav. I'll give it another go tomorrow see if it does it again, thanks for all the suggestions.

Hi all mine has done the same yesterday it is very strange,i was doing same route to work as i do every day and it happened 5-6 times on a 5 mile route if it continues then i will take it into a dealer.

Mine hasn’t done it again since, but I checked and the speed warning definitely was not set, And I don’t really use the sat nav but I had just put it down to that as dotty suggested

Driving home from work today, the car just randomly started 'bonging' at me, the best way to describe it was like a garmin sat nav speed camera warning bong, but I didn't have the sat nav on and have driven the same route home for a long time without incident. No warning messages came up in the dash either, very strange as the car felt absolutely fine - anyone else had anything similar?

You’ve bought a Honda. Welcome to a world of random bonging.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back