• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Random red light

Bit of a random question but its something I've never noticed until the missus pointed it out before, got in, engine on, turned on the lights and she piped up ''whats that small red light in the middle of the interior lamp?''
I'm usually pretty observant and tend not to miss details, but I've never seen it in the 6 months I've owned the car. More to the point, whats it for? it illuminates f*** all so why is it there?

haven`t noticed myself, will be sure to check when the CTR thaws out and reaches operatable temperatures

i figured it was night vision illumination. or just ambience. or to reflect of the gear knob. no reason found!

I believe its to provide a little light to locate the gear stick.
But its far too dim to be effective. On a non-Type R Civic the illumination is Blue and its more effective.

I've also notice Golf's have the same light, but in their case I find it too bright.
But I find the Golf interior too bright full stop, the radio has a large back lit display which lets out lots of light and is rather distracting imo.

Back