• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rank in order: Strut braces, Supports, Anti-Roll Bars, Chassis Strengthening

There seem to be a loads options around braces / supports available (especially if you look at Ultra Racing's available parts) and where they can fit.

It's hard to tell though what's worth it and which will have limited impact on drivability

Things like JDM rear ARB, front ARB, front upper strut, front lower brace, side brace, rear upper strut, X brace, even roll cage

I though it may be worthwhile if people could post, in their experience, what order you would rank the bars for bang for your buck?

Feel free to include specific makes / models

Interested only in performance improvements for handling & rigidity, not looks

Roll cage would be my number 1, not only will it add rigidity but safety and possibly the best like £900-1500 you could hope not need the use of.
Then it would be anti roll bars.

From my experience strut braces make little difference. I've never used Ultra Racing products but I know they do a vast amount of braces, but can't say if any particular ones add anything at all.

What is the car used for?

I wouldn't change the arb unless you want to change the balance. Unless it's an adjustable, so you can have a play.

JDM rear ARB is an excellent mod, along with polybushes.

JDM front isn't any stiffer and weighs slightly more too. It's just joggled to allow for a bigger manifold.

Strut braces, I've never noticed the difference. Maybe on less stiff chassis cars it might but on the EP3, I couldn't tell. Engine bay bling IMO.

Cage, yea. But only if you're tracking it. Personally I wouldn't ever cage a road car unless it was a convertable or fibreglass/tin foil car... like a classic mini or something. Weld, not bolt.

What is the car used for?

I wouldn't change the arb unless you want to change the balance. Unless it's an adjustable, so you can have a play.

Mine is for track days mainly, although I'm keen to understand everyone's general concensus

interesting to hear about the jdm front bar

Back