• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

rattle @ 2k

:lol:

Rattle/grinding sound at 2K, when either at constant speed or decelerating. Definitely from the front, not the driveshaft heatshield as I had that sorted recently.

Tried to record the noise in-car this afternoon but I was going up a hill and the noise wasn't there, neither was it when coming down.

did you have heatshield replaced before xmas? mine was cracked making the grinding,now it rattles again

Definatly sound's like a heatshied of some sort Nick.

I'd say driveshaft, but if you say you've had that done, maybe it's the manifold one.

OK, revving in neutral at 2k produces the same noise, clutch in or out.

Took the car for another drive to record, and the noise was gone, what a surprise.

End of the drive, tried to record the noise when stationary, noise still gone.

Always the same :rolleyes: / :lol:

same as mine? driveshaft heatshield,stops sometimes when hot or after one hours driving

Hmm. The ATS boys removed the loose nuts, scrubbed, and replaced with thread lock. And that noise was different, louder, and was evident upon moving off.

Hopefully it's just the mani heatshield. Bugger to get to though.

mine was cracked honda replaced it 3 months ago no it rattles again but no metal to metal yet.

Back