• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Rattle at 3k rpm

When pulling off in a straight line, i get a really bad creak almost like a creaking bed or door, i had the front replaced which stiffened it up dramatically and reduced the noise, but its still there and i believe the back one needs doing

When pulling off in a straight line, i get a really bad creak almost like a creaking bed or door, i had the front replaced which stiffened it up dramatically and reduced the noise, but its still there and i believe the back one needs doing

It's not a knocking mount then thats causing the noise ??

well i have been told that could be the case as well, but i have been under the car when someone was revving, and wasn't coming from the mount, i have also tried putting pressure on the mount when revving which again did not alter the rattle

how could i test it??

You could test the mounts buy jacking up the engine and leave the wheels on the ground while it's idling and see if it starts to disappear. If not I would think it has nothing to do with your back engine mount or gearbox mount.

hey man, i have just tested the mounts today, exactly as you said, i left the wheels on, jacked up the oil sump slightly whilst steady revving, no change what so ever in the rattle :( any suggestions guys to try next??

Think you need to rectify which area of the engine bay the noise is coming from first because let's be honest. It could be anything.

have a little look at my started threads, i have one thread about my rattle with a video and what it was :D might be helpful if your rattle sounds roughly the same

I've had my EP3 for three weeks now, I absolutely love it. BUT, these damn heat shield rattles are doing my nut in :confused: , I've sorted the exhaust manifold one, we had to re-tap the bolt hole :D

Mine was the driveshaft heatshield, didn't even remove it, I just bent it in about 2cm, no doubt the noise will come back and ** have gone with it, the rattles on these cars are comical but I love it, mines 13 years old now so I expect it.

I have the same issue but think mines the cat its self.

The heat shield on the cat is a pain, but it can either be removed or my first fix was a couple of metal hose clamps around it and tightened to stop the rattle

hose-clamp-binding.gif

Back