• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rattle / Buzz noise coming from engine bay or underneath the CTR at 4000rpm ? Anyone

kwit fit put is up on the ramp for me - looks like its the manifold heat shield and the cat heat shield both corroded !!!

where can i get these from, of would it be ok to do without :)) [ prob not ! ]

thanks

anyone know how much from hondas ?

:)

they also said that my sump has a small crack which thefilled with putty stuff temp, so how easy to replace sump and is it a dealer part £ ? thks

Sumpi is a bit of a pig to replace, subframe down job.

TGM do an exchange service on baffled sumps, but I doubt they would take a cracked sump in exchange.

this is the parts price i have been quoted from honda :

cat shield top £50.10
cat shield bottom £50.10
manifold shield £50.30
sump £261.98

f**k me sideways !! :)

i just took the manifold heat shield off :evil: ............... and fitted my quickshift intake [ very old school ] :lol: .....still love the noise it makes !

also one of my rocker cover nut came off as i was tightening it !!! [ honda said leave it unless i have an oil leak ]

and the bonnet release handle came off in my hand !!! [ anyone else had this happened ? ]

what happened to japanese quality ?? :eek:

How can you be so unlucky? I think you need the sump, so don't leave that off! The heat sheilds can FOAD though!

will take the cat heatsheilds off when i get the chance, hey thanks for all comments !

i've not log on for awhile and this forum is still the best for advice and member support, keep up the good work !

thanks

Back